CRC 10% off forks until 02/12 with code "extra10"

ChopSticks

Banned
Or buy from Germany for roughly the same price/Tiny bit more and get a extra seal kit, and a shock pump too.....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Boycott? Why?
I'm not opening that old chestnut again...so short version is poor service, deliberately misleading information about products, and generally an ever diminishing range of decent stuff for their once famous prices.

Funny thing - the severely damaged frame they sent me is back up on their web site and selling for more than I paid for it. I don't think that is good business ethics.

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm not opening that old chestnut again...so short version is poor service, deliberately misleading information about products, and generally an ever diminishing range of decent stuff for their once famous prices.
Funny thing - the severely damaged frame they sent me is back up on their web site and selling for more than I paid for it. I don't think that is good business ethics.
you're not the only one. I wont be using them again any time soon. Get a wiggle price match (local returns is a big bonus) or go German as stated above and trust that when parts are missing or the order fails to show these retailers wont fuck you around.

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't get the wiggle return thing..... Do we ship to an Australian address (hence cheap local postage costs?)
yes, go to your orders page, follow the product return wizard and it will issue you with a return note and a local address - in Sydney from memory.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I don't get the wiggle return thing..... Do we ship to an Australian address (hence cheap local postage costs?)
Yep, there is at least one forwarding service at the Aust Post distribution centre in Sunshine Melbourne. Could be others in each state. Will probably be centralised with their new Australian Office.

minhbo

Likes Bikes

Interesting... I've had nothing but excellent service from them. Once, some shorts arrived with the buttons missing and they sent me a new pair and I got to keep both. Another time, a tool I ordered didn't arrive after a month, so they gave me a refund, a week later it arrived, I asked them if they wanted it back and they said to keep it. I got my pike through them, it was the cheapest around anywhere at the time (about $800 delivered) and it arrived within a week.

I'm not dismissing your experience with them, just saying they've been good for me.

Minlak

custom titis
Interesting... I've had nothing but excellent service from them. Once, some shorts arrived with the buttons missing and they sent me a new pair and I got to keep both. Another time, a tool I ordered didn't arrive after a month, so they gave me a refund, a week later it arrived, I asked them if they wanted it back and they said to keep it. I got my pike through them, it was the cheapest around anywhere at the time (about $800 delivered) and it arrived within a week.

I'm not dismissing your experience with them, just saying they've been good for me.
They have been good fixing their mistakes. Maybe if they were good there wouldn't be mistakes?

minhbo

Likes Bikes
They have been good fixing their mistakes. Maybe if they were good there wouldn't be mistakes?
This is out of dozens and dozens of other orders that have had no issue. The tool not arriving after a month wasn't even their fault either, yet they refunded me. Shit happens, how you deal with mistakes is also important.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
No, any bussiness of any size will make mistakes, but certainly judge a bussiness by how quickly and painlessly they remendy these mistakes, CRC has stuffed up a few of my orders, always been happy with their prompt resolutions.

But I havent had a frame delivered with a massive dint.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Take the delivery times...I was organising a skateboard, scooter and bmx comp for a youth centre a few years ago. I ordered up pretty big from CRC for prizes (the lady running the centre wanted a prize for every contestant and major prizes) and allowed about 3 weeks for the order to arrive. It took a month and arrived a few days after the skate comp. A skate comp with no prizes is not much fun! Sure the kids were pretty stoked a week later when the prizes arrived and it gave them a reason to return to the youth centre at least once, but it was pretty lame. I hit CRC up about it and got their usual dismissive sorry it isn't really our fault.