cromo single speed dually DJ/slopestyle frame- Descendence

madm3chanic

Likes Bikes
thought id just kinda shamelesly show off my handmade bottom bracket pivot DJ/street dually.

100% cromo frame construction, replaceable oil-impregnated nylon main pivot bushes, titanium bolts and shock axles, 6lb flat frame complete. this one got 370mm chainstays, and a 69 degree head angle with intended fork.

DSC00206.jpg
DSC00211.jpg

got a bunch more pics here on m pinkbike profile: http://madm3chanic.pinkbike.com/album/lovemachine/

i want opinions, reactions, all that! come on, give me some.

just thought id add: this frame is NOT FOR SALE, this is not a for sale advertisement. i can make more like it, but this one here is not for sale.

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cromo is already pretty flexy and with a design like that I can see a heap of flex coming from the BB. Maybe if you could sort out a linkage that attaches to the top tube and shock mount it could eliviate this problem. Just food for thought.

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
To be honest Tim I would really like to have a ride sometime when it's built. I'm currently in the market for a frame like this. Is it rear dérailleur compatible? And have you thought about using bearing at the BB pivot?

floody

Wheel size expert
I think thats very neatly executed! Especially the cleanliness of the bushing main pivot.Excellent work.

How much travel?

Although its not a bike that would suit my use, about the only thing that doesn't float my boat is the pierced/capped top tube junction.

D

Deleted member FN2187

Although its not a bike that would suit my use, about the only thing that doesn't float my boat is the pierced/capped top tube junction.
I second that, an ovalised and mitered junction would look a bit neater.

cluster

Likes Dirt
looks awesome!
had a squiz at your pinkbike pics, thought people had to see this...

coolest logo goin round at the moment IMO, wicked.:cool:

PS. What suspension gear have you got in mind to "make it bouncy"? and are you gonna paint it, leave "raw" or polish her up?
sorry if this is like 20 questions btw... curiosity!

Last edited:

J3$$3

Likes Dirt
Looks like a sweet set-up, would like to see one of those moving and see about how it feels... Would like a review once some-one is riding

ermastupid

Likes Bikes
hey, this is very nice custom frame,
did you have build a fullbike on this frame? if so, please post the pic..

thank you,