Crown race adapter

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I can't find a suitable tapered fork for my daughter's bike build, so I want to run a straight steerer fork in a tapered head tube and use the existing headset if possible. I read here that you can get a crown race adapter but as the thread is old there's no link. Can someone (Or #Moorey as it's his link that was missing....) point me in the direct of what adapter I need??

PS. My plan is to run a 80mm 29er air fork in place of the 100mm 27.5 coil fork it presently has. That shouldn't change the geometry that much should it? She's not going to miss the 20mm travel with how she rides.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I've used two types. One that pressed into the frame which allowed the 1 1/8th headset to be pressed in and another which was simply a wider crown race fitted to the fork. The latter was my preference but you will need to find an adapter crown race specific to your headset brand. What is the headset ?

Check the axle to crown measurements for the forks to see what height difference it will make.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I've used two types. One that pressed into the frame which allowed the 1 1/8th headset to be pressed in and another which was simply a wider crown race fitted to the fork. The latter was my preference but you will need to find an adapter crown race specific to your headset brand. What is the headset ?

Check the axle to crown measurements for the forks to see what height difference it will make.
I'll find out. I know it's a FSA headset, but not the model. It's off a Giant Liv Tempt. I like the sound of the second option. The fork should be within 10mm so not much difference.