Crusaders vs Waratahs

cornflake

Likes Dirt
Super 12 finals are always awesome to watch, but this particular one stood out: the Tah's were in it! They didn't play well enough though, and Crusaders ran away with it at 35-25. Do you guys think this was a lucky year, or is it going to become a more regular event? I personally back the Crusaders every year, but I though the Waratahs are definitley going to be around more oten....

scblack

Leucocholic
The Waratahs were a stand out this season, but the Crusaders are just too experienced, and definitely had the better game on the weekend.

Waratahs didn'y play badly, they were just outclassed really.

A number of players are leaving this year, so the tahs may have it tough next season.

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
I disagree- i thought for the first 65mins the 'Tahs were clearly outclassed, and as soon as the Crusaders began to tire the 'Tahs began to get some ball. In every aspect of the game however, they were outplayed, yet whenever they did have the ball in hand they looked threatening. I also reckon the scoreline should have been bigger, it was only luck that they didn't score the try that Turinui (sp?) stopped.

scblack

Leucocholic
Daver said:
I disagree- i thought for the first 65mins the 'Tahs were clearly outclassed, and as soon as the Crusaders began to tire the 'Tahs began to get some ball. In every aspect of the game however, they were outplayed, yet whenever they did have the ball in hand they looked threatening. I also reckon the scoreline should have been bigger, it was only luck that they didn't score the try that Turinui (sp?) stopped.
Err, you disagree with what???

Everything you said, is basically what I said. So what is it you disagree with? Or who?

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
scblack said:
Err, you disagree with what???

Everything you said, is basically what I said. So what is it you disagree with? Or who?
I disagree with myself... i agree with this thread. I think.

nickz

Likes Dirt
scblack said:
A number of players are leaving this year, so the tahs may have it tough next season.
Again the problem of number 10, as the current one is going. They signed a Brumbies five-eight for 2006, but I think losing Mackay is really going to hurt. It was a frustrating game to watch if you were a Tahs fan, ineffective kicking from Hewat and Rogers, mid field bombs that were useless and easily covered by Gear and Leon McDonald who was awesome in the air. I can't help but think that the Waratahs had a dream run this year from a luck and injuries point of view, which helped them get to the final. Hewat ran rings around all the teams they played this year, yet I don't think he's a world-class player, I just think that quite a few of the people marking him weren't up to it. The Crusaders are an amazing team, winning 5 titles and being in 8(?) finals is huge, it just looked like they stepped it up an extra gear for this final, and were never truly threatened. Just look at the way they ran it from their own line often, they would take it a phase, get nowhere and then run it again, the confidence in their ball retention is great to watch. I can't help but think that the Waratah's of the first half looked like the previous big-game choking of previous years, jeez that kicking shitted me!!!!!