Current & comprehensive DH bike list

MARKL

Eats Squid

tumble

Likes Dirt
I like the idea of this list, here is my 2c....will need to be updated more than yearly!
Karpiel - Disco Volante/Armegedon/Apocolypse - http://www.karpiel.com/
Brooklyn Machine Works - SR8 and Racelink - http://www.brooklynmachineworks.com/index2.html
To Nicolai add the Ion
Lenz Sport - PBJ - (for all you 29ing downhillers) http://www.lenzsport.com/detail.php?prodID=15
To Foes add the DHS Mono and Trek and GT have alloy Sessions and Fury's as well as the carbon ones.
Cheers, Karpeil added. Not sure if BMW SR8 & Racelink are still available? so if someone can confirm this I'll add them. Lenz Sport PBJ I'll add although it's doubtful to be seen at a world cup, as are the alloy Session & Fury.

MARKL

Eats Squid
Cheers, Karpeil added. Not sure if BMW SR8 & Racelink are still available? so if someone can confirm this I'll add them. Lenz Sport PBJ I'll add although it's doubtful to be seen at a world cup, as are the alloy Session & Fury.
I put the Lenz Sport in for a laugh and it is unlikely to be soon at a WC, unless Krusty the Clown gets a deal. Though the same could be said for half the bikes on the list - really just comes down to personal opinion and $pon$or$. I dont't know if the alloy Fury has raced WC (ask Indica) but Gwinny started last season on the alloy session.

BMW is a bit of a mystery as to what they are up to website looks crap. Monkamoo (never dealt with them) are still claiming to sell new Racelinks and offer custom colour choice...maybe Rod (NSM) can verify?

Last edited:

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
it's doubtful to be seen at a world cup, as are the alloy Session & Fury.
You forget about Privateers and Juniors/Seniors racing in the Worlds for what ever country. They certainly turn up to the World Cups leading up to the Worlds. They race what they have. And sometimes they happen to be Alloy Fury's and Sessions.:pirate:

tumble

Likes Dirt
O.k yeah I concede that there are plenty of the cheaper versions possibly doing world cups races but I'm not going to nit-pick, the aim of the list is just to get all the manufacturers listed. At first I wasn't even going to include the model names. Yes there a bound to be a few bikes that borderline qualify but lets put it this way, if they look dodgy, they won't make the list (with the exception of Tramontane, I added them to represent Aus as much as possible & who knows one day they might get there).

MrPlow

TMBC
Cheers

O.k yeah I concede that there are plenty of the cheaper versions possibly doing world cups races but I'm not going to nit-pick, the aim of the list is just to get all the manufacturers listed. At first I wasn't even going to include the model names. Yes there a bound to be a few bikes that borderline qualify but lets put it this way, if they look dodgy, they won't make the list (with the exception of Tramontane, I added them to represent Aus as much as possible & who knows one day they might get there).
Hey Tumble, Thanks for including Tramontane.
Our www might be a little dodgy a the moment. But we will have a new one up later this year. Along with a new bike. Rest assured, the bike itself won't be dodgy:fat:

tumble

Likes Dirt
Hey Tumble, Thanks for including Tramontane.
Our www might be a little dodgy a the moment. But we will have a new one up later this year. Along with a new bike. Rest assured, the bike itself won't be dodgy:fat:
Not a problem.
Support local.
I'm following the progress closely on facebook.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
awsome list.

i still cant belive how horn and cheap the YT bikes seem

http://www.yt-industries.com/en/bikes-2012/tues-20/
like votec and canyon, direct to public, no middlemen. Quite a few Euro brands are going this way. There's a good read on YT over on ridemonkey. Works for them with the mass population, or for the US. For us it doesn't make sense to pitch the same thing unfortunately.

hold out for their premium ltd editon models, go on sale for 1 day of the year for an INSANE price, then you just have to wait 6mths for them to be built whilst YT build them and much more.

Anyone know what happened to Ethos in canberra?

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Do you know where to get them in australia?
you have to order directly from them, they do not use distributors, last time a mate spoke to them they were not willing to ship outside of the EU, might of changed this year.

The above is one of the reasons why they are so cheap.