DH Custom Gold Specialized Demo 8 II 2009

tmc_2

Likes Dirt
Hi Guys,

Here is my Specialized Demo 8 II that i built up from a frame to replace my SX Trail.

Sorry about the bad pics i only had shitty backdrops.

Special thanks to Jimmy at Bikeology and TC's BikeBarr for there help on the bike.
Also thanks to Supreme Cycles for the frame.

There was a bit of messing around getting the 2009 worldcups to fit with out using a drop crown.
Had to swap out the sunlinev1 headset and use a crankbros opium DH with a 21mm stack height.

Total build came out to around 18kg

Attachments

Last edited:

tmc_2

Likes Dirt
Cheers Guys,

Had my first run on it today and it rides jsut great.
So much better than my SX trail.
Suprising how well the thing pedals and it just rides so nice over the gnarly stuff.

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Holy withering bananas batman!

Can't wait to see this up close! I thought you said you were getting a Demo 9? Musta heard wrong. Lookin very schmicko, looks like Jimmy did a good job, as always. Let us know how the rims hold out.

tmc_2

Likes Dirt
Holy withering bananas batman!

Can't wait to see this up close! I thought you said you were getting a Demo 9? Musta heard wrong. Lookin very schmicko, looks like Jimmy did a good job, as always. Let us know how the rims hold out.

Hey Big Hair,

Well i bottomed out the front rim hardcore yesterday from running too low pressure in the front. Not marks on the rim at all. I am pretty confident the rims will be fine.

tmc_2

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the feed back guys.
There are some little touches that dont show up in the pics real well like gold bolts and bar ends :) Gold chain to come.
Also those boxxer stickers where custom ordered from Uraguy south america.

There is also a small pic on http://www.supremecycles.com.au/

Bike rides awsome and i couldnt be happier, low front end too.

Last edited:

Steepy

Likes Dirt
Jagwire make braided brake hoses that you can get in gold.....Do it.....Do it.

and a gold XO rear derailleur too! :D