Custom Pivot Firebird

JASON-MTB

Squid
Finally decided to treat myself to a new custom build. Been a work in progress over the past 2 months, particularly because the frame went back for warranty straight out of the box . But its finally finished and looks better than i imagined, rides bloody good too. More details and specs to follow.
IMG_2416.JPG
IMG_2417.JPG
IMG_2418.JPG

JASON-MTB

Squid
Freaking sweet bike!
What was up with the frame????
Frame arrived - took it out of the box - spent 4hrs putting clear wrap on the frame - removed the shock and found there was a crack straight down the seam in the seat tube hidden by the linkage

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Frame arrived - took it out of the box - spent 4hrs putting clear wrap on the frame - removed the shock and found there was a crack straight down the seam in the seat tube hidden by the linkage
That's pretty unlucky!! Trust the lads at jetblack took care of it quickly though?

JASON-MTB

Squid
That's pretty unlucky!! Trust the lads at jetblack took care of it quickly though?
Yeah both them and Pivot didnt hesitate in getting a new frame sorted. Just had to wait 4 weeks for it to arrive straight from the factory. I wasnt worried about the wait though to be honest

JASON-MTB

Squid
Full Specs

Frame - 2017 Pivot Firebird Lg
Rear shock - Float X2
Fork - Fox 36 RC2
Handlebars - Spank Spike 760mm
Stem - Spank Spike 35mm
Headset - Pivot
Grips - ODI Longneck with samurai sword barends
Saddle - Fiziik Gobi
Seatpost - KS Lev Integra 150mm
Front brake - XT M8000 w/Icetch 203mm & metal pads
Rear brake - XT M8000 w/Icetch 203mm & metal pads
Cranks - Shimano Saint 175mm
Chainring - Absolute Black oval N/W 34T
Chainguide - E13 LG1
Chain - Ultegra
Pedals - Deity Bladerunner
Front derailleur - What is this?
Rear derailleur - Shimano Saint with Hope jockey wheels
Rear shifter - Shimano Saint
Cassette - Shimano XT 11-32t
Front hub - Hope Pro4
Rear hub - Hope Pro4
Rims - Spank Spike Race 33
Tyres - Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5
Tubes - None, got Orange Seal in there though ;)
Total weight - 14.6kg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Very nice! I rode a new firebird not long ago, they're crazy good! Two friends have sold their phoenix's and replaced them with these and on the tracks we've got here I'm not sure if they're any slower at all but they disappear riding to the tracks!

JASON-MTB

Squid
Very nice! I rode a new firebird not long ago, they're crazy good! Two friends have sold their phoenix's and replaced them with these and on the tracks we've got here I'm not sure if they're any slower at all but they disappear riding to the tracks!
Yeah they feel really awesome, very plush and very planted. I was a little unsure on my first ride since i was on slower trails, but once i hit the high speed trails it just blew my mind how well it rode, certainly excels with higher speed. Id definitely agree with Pivot saying it descends like a DH rig but climbs like an XC/trail bike, it surprised me to say the least.
Im going to race it at the National Champs DH this weekend coming so we'll see how it goes, pretty keen

JASON-MTB

Squid
Well the firebird certainly handles downhill runs really well. It coped with National Champs very good and put me on the top step of the Expert's, so i was bloody stoked with that! It didnt skip a beat all weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk