Custom Purple Demo 8 2011. Freeride build. NS components. Boom.

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just out of curiosity, why would you want to put smaller forks on a Demo 8? Is it a weight saving thing?
I'm thinking about doing it on my v10 and would like to hear how it feels when riding

I just don't particularly like dual crowns - I hate the feel where your forks lock against the frame in the air.

The bike reels really different from other demos. Being a small frame, and with the single crowns giving a nice low front end, it has a tighter "freeride" feel. Jumps amazing and easy to throw around. But I still have the stability and cornering that comes with a DH sled. Wouldn't change a thing.

code-man

Cannon Fodder
I'm thinking of doing this to my own Demo. What headset did you use? Does it have to be an angle-set? Can you use a tapered steer fork ?

I'm thinking of doing this to my own Demo. What headset did you use? Does it have to be an angle-set? Can you use a tapered steer fork ?
code-man, I used a Hope Step Down lower cup and a 3mm race(also made by Hope) for my build. It gave me that little bit of added stack height needed, for my fork knobs to clear the down tube.
No offense meant to the OP, but I hope if you don't mind if I post mine here.

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mine's tapered forks with and angle set. This gave me maximum stack increase. Still not enough to do a barspin, but I can't do those anyway... Was going to get a custom crown race made, but decided it's good enough as-is.