AM Custom titanium frame - 'The Barracuda'

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Greetings comrades! After what seems to have taken an absolute age (I initially ordered the frame back in April of last year), I've finally built this pinko commie bastard up!

Bike 1.JPG

Bike 2.JPG

The frame is made by Triton bikes in Moscow and the whole daft submarine motif is down to my having watched Hunt For Red October way too much when I was a kid. Basically the Red October (and a few other russian subs) was made from titanium so there you go.

Bike 3.JPG

Bike 4.JPG

Full Spec list is as follows:

Fork: 140mm Rockshox Revelation RC3
Brakes: Shimano XT M-785
Rear Mech: Shimano XT M-786
Rear Cassette: Sunrace CS-MX 10 speed cassette
BB + Crankset: E13
Chain: KMC X10 SL DLC
Front ring: Raceface 32T NW
Wheelset: Shimano XT M-788 with Clarks 150mm Rotors
Seatpost: 3T Doric Team carbon
Seat: Selle Italia Flite 1990
Pedals: Nukeproof Neutron
Stem: Nukeproof Warhead, 70mm
Bar: Crank Brothers Cobalt 11 riser, 680mm
Grips: Crank Brothers Iodine
Tyres: Maxxis Monorails

Full weight: 11.15kg

Bike 5.JPG

View attachment 310059

Bike 7.JPG

Taking it out for it's first proper test ride at tomorrow's Giant Odyssey and providing it (and I) survives it will become my travel bike as I'm sick of going backpacking overseas to awesome places and always wishing that I had a bike with me.

Bike 8.JPG

Bike 9.JPG

Bike 13.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That is an awesome looking frame. Nice Bike.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news; but your arm, I think its broken....

Bike 13.jpg

thepotatokid

Likes Dirt
That is a really nice looking frame - hope it rides well!

Any chance you're planning on beefier tyres in future? I've found the monorails to be very skatey, especially once they're a little worn.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Awesome build.

I also like how the photo shoot was styled with a gas cylinder & rusty outdoor table. Makes it more authentically Russian.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Приятно ездить .

Разве вы нарушаете вы руку , споткнувшись о вашей обуви кружева ?

Nick_M2r

Likes Dirt
Having played a ridiculous amount of Command & Conquer Red Alert and Goldeneye as a kid, I have a massive fascination with Russia and been toying with the idea of my next frame being a triton, decked out with the full Russian motifs! Mate that is an insane looking bike, love the Sub theme, you certainly wouldn't find another bike out there like it! Looking forward to the ride report

Flow-Rider

Burner
yeah, that's the shit.

please route the front brake cable through the fork arch though!
+1 I like mine not rubbing on the stem also, try to run it on the outside of the other cables, you will end with ugly rub marks. Now you have no excuse to shred some trails.

slowmick

38-39"
Awesome bike - love the Russian sub theme on the finish. look forward to seeing photos of it all round the world. :thumb: