Cyber bullying

gravelclimber

Likes Dirt
Just watching 4 corners on cyber bullying. Pretty devastating about teens committing suicide.

According to the show, which doesn't seem to be a Current Affair beatup, 10% Australians, 20 % British and 50 % American kids reckon they're bullied, with serious consequences.

eTough has a lot to answer for.

Bring Back the Golden Rule.

pocket_cup

Likes Dirt
pft, stop whining about this crap, your a pussy, your a homo.
im eTough, and im gonna' eBully your arse! joking

bullying of any kind is disgusting, but they are some pretty shocking figures.
but then again with some of those shows you never know where they got their info from, they may have been interviewing people who had tried to commit suicide.
at my school we have anti bullying posters up everywherem and people just joke about them, write on them, and alter them. almost nobody takes them seriously.

Bocaj1994

Likes Dirt
I was bullied throughout most of Primary School. I am self conscious and I have self esteem issues because of it. I found the MySpace of the guy who bullied me. Part of me wants to post his details on /b/ or Digital Gangster and part of me wants to add him and flame him and the rest of me wants to just leave him alone. Any suggestions on how I can move on?

EDIT: Ohhhh 'Cyber bullying'.......

Grantieboy

Likes Dirt
to the guy above wait till you meet him at a pub when he is drunk and then tell him all about ur trouble that he caused you;) but seriously dont flame him because he will probabaly just laugh at you because he already seems to have proven that he thinks it is funny. it might be funny because you could possible be his boss one day or somthing like that and who knows what might happen.

Bocaj1994

Likes Dirt
to the guy above wait till you meet him at a pub when he is drunk and then tell him all about ur trouble that he caused you;) but seriously dont flame him because he will probabaly just laugh at you because he already seems to have proven that he thinks it is funny. it might be funny because you could possible be his boss one day or somthing like that and who knows what might happen.

From the looks of his MySpace he is a drop kick i doubt he will ever get a job.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Seeing as this is a thread about cyber-bullying i'll be a bit lenient for once...

Grantieboy and Aiden J: It's Zero Tolerance time again so let's stop with the MSN talk and/or absolutely unreadable gobshite

:cool:

scoobydid

Likes Dirt
I was bullied throughout most of Primary School. I am self conscious and I have self esteem issues because of it. I found the MySpace of the guy who bullied me. Part of me wants to post his details on /b/ or Digital Gangster and part of me wants to add him and flame him and the rest of me wants to just leave him alone. Any suggestions on how I can move on?

Bullying is bullying regardless of the medium.

Moving on can be difficult because we all want to see someone get what they deserve. However, you don't want to descend to the same level as that person.
If, according to his MySpace page, he is a dropkick, which you seem not to be, then you are already well above him and don't need to take revenge.
Others will see him for what he is.

Karma will visit him; the past has a way of catching up with people.

scoobydid

Likes Dirt
but then again with some of those shows you never know where they got their info from, they may have been interviewing people who had tried to commit suicide.
4Corners is respectable program well beyond the league of A Current Affairs and Today Tonight. It's proper investigative journalism as compared to tabloid sensationalism.

gravelclimber

Likes Dirt
pft, stop whining about this crap, your a pussy, your a homo.
im eTough, and im gonna' eBully your arse! joking

at my school we have anti bullying posters up everywherem and people just joke about them, write on them, and alter them. almost nobody takes them seriously.
They interviewed the family of a kid who had committed suicide and the kid who sent the messages that (probably) caused him to do it. The parents had no idea about how social stuff works on the web and didn't even think to ask about it. Obviously their lives are now ruined.

The kid sending the messages, who was supposed to be his best mate, thought sending messages about having him bashed when he least expected it was quite normal. He even told the interviewer, who would have been in his late 40s, that he probably sent messages like that too as a youngster. Not the brightest young fella.

mr_casual

Likes Dirt
ok so mum made me sit down and watch this shit last night because apparently i might be affected by it in one way or another.
i have more than 10 friends and i dont believe not one of them is afected by cyberbullying.
yeah it may be an issue but i dont see how using myspace and text messages to threaten someone has anything to do with cyber bullying its just another form of communication being used...
the kids that where getting the mean emails and the nasty messages from school ect where almost all fat, and they probbally wheren't 18!!! so how did they have myspace and facebook ect? they lied about their age? their problem not mine, i got straight back onto msn and facebook as soon as the program finished.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
From what you just said, you already have bragging rights over whoever one of you turned out to be a credit to our species!..I was never bullied, i learnt boxing from an early age, so i tended to be able to look after myself, but i gravitated towards people who got bullied and i hated it and the people doing it!..I'm 42 and kids seem to have to put up with a lot these days, we didn't have internet, mobiles or any other medium to hide behind when you wished to bully somebody!
Bocaj, i would let it go, you are a better human being for not retaliating!..You Win!

blair411

Likes Dirt
ok so mum made me sit down and watch this shit last night because apparently i might be affected by it in one way or another.
i have more than 10 friends and i dont believe not one of them is afected by cyberbullying.
yeah it may be an issue but i dont see how using myspace and text messages to threaten someone has anything to do with cyber bullying its just another form of communication being used...
the kids that where getting the mean emails and the nasty messages from school ect where almost all fat, and they probbally wheren't 18!!! so how did they have myspace and facebook ect? they lied about their age? their problem not mine, i got straight back onto msn and facebook as soon as the program finished.
hard.

RangaRMX

Likes Dirt

Big guy with 10 friends knows his friends get bullied, or he doesn't know what he's saying?

Wow, complete genius aren't ya? Wouldn't the term 'cyber' denote the fact that we're dealing with an electronic or virtual method of communication, which is exactly what myspace and text messages are.

Almost all fat? I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that as a society we are entitled to harass people with a medical problem, do you often get insulted because you possess fewer brain cells and little intelligence compared to most people? Maybe we should all start hounding completely ignorant morons like yourself.

I'm glad your parents realize you're a dick and that's why they made you watch the program, not because they thought you were getting bullied, but hell, you could be just pulling the ol' tough guy routine to shrug off the fact that you don't really have any friends and that you're gonna be the next to neck themselves..
Back to myspace and msn to flame some fags:rolleyes:

Not really gonna do that^^I used to get bullied, until I beat a bully up and everyone learned not the piss off with the ranga kid with self control issues..oh how I don't miss school, 6 years and counting!!

mr_casual

Likes Dirt
10% = 1 in 10.... thats what it said in the program.
yes it may be harsh but it's not like i'm going to do it over and over and over again to you guys, to put me into the "bully" zone.
and yeah i think its horrible that two best friends could treat each other like that, i'm the same age as the two kids at the end of the story and i wouldnt dream of putting my mates through any of that, we're far too tight.
and maybe because i didnt really want to watch the program i looked at it a different way, but isnt this the point in having a thread on it? no use everyone saying the same shock horror type things.
sorry if i offended anyone anyway.

why not just get on a neo nazi chat room, and pose as him and insuilt the neo nazis and than post a link to his myspace.

or is that a bit exsesive. and when you did it try and hide your ISP.