Cycling central or road bike central SBS..?

houli77

Likes Dirt
Anyone else watch this show? I don't actually watch it, i just fast forward the whole thing on the off chance there might be 30sec of mtb coverage. Which there pretty much never is..

If you watch the opening credits you'd think the show had a good representation of all genres of the sport, but yet all I ever see is a bunch of tour de france wannabe reporters.. Just rename it rd bike central u knobs. Yr mtb coverage bites d#%k..

Surely there's enough Interest and Aussie players in mtb World Cup for some weekly/fortnightly, heck even monthly coverage and updates, let alone all the other local events going all over the place.

Cycling central officially removed from my program record list, tired of the lycra mr tomalaris, don't even bother, yr not doing mtb any favors anyway.. Rant rant rant.. :)

Fifteen.Hundred

Likes Dirt
Does seem very narrow in its target audience at times. I seem to keep tuning in hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Anthony Tan gives me the impression he'd not want to be seen with you in a bunch ride unless your socks matched your bar tape and your coffee of choice was a skinny soy decaf ristretto latte.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Its road bike central, however does anyone want Anthony Tan talking about mountain bikes.
Does anybody want Anthony Tan talking?.....just because they show, oh about 3.2milliseconds of DH world cup highlights and 49 mins of the tour of Wilcannia or similar, doesn't mean its not cycling central..you can watch the mountain bike and bmx bit in the opening screen shots at the start of each show, surely thats enough

placebo

Likes Dirt
Cycling central officially removed from my program record list, tired of the lycra mr tomalaris...
He knows fuck-all about road cycling, even after all those trips to France each year. I don't know Scott McCrory kept a straight face sometimes when doing those bits with him in this years tour.

scblack

Leucocholic
I've met Anthony Tan - a bigger guy than he looks an TV. Very good talker.

Other than the random XC race item, it is MTB free lately. Have they sacked Jim Trail?

Brooksy007

Likes Dirt
Do even the roadies like watching this crap? I mean, I cant understand how anyone can find "highlights" of a road race (as if such a thing exists) - let alone a whole tour coverage - anything but utterly, brain-meltingly boring!

The only time I've watched this show is when they have shown the VDHS and National highlights earlier this year, then they seriously pissed me off by not showing the important FINAL ROUND of VDHS! Fools is all I can say...

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
I've met Anthony Tan - a bigger guy than he looks an TV. Very good talker.
My wife met him at Wildside in 2012 at the finish line after she completed the TT stage. She watches Cycling Central regularly so recognised him straight away.

The conversation went like this:

Wife: Hey it's the Tan Man! How are you?
Anthony: This might sound a bit strange but I just sqautted in the bushes over there to do a number 2 and now I have leeches on my butt cheeks.
Wife: Ummm.....ok....I guess I'll see you later then.

Perhaps he is socially awkward, I dunno, but it was a very strange opening line to say to well, anyone?!

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Do even the roadies like watching this crap? I mean, I cant understand how anyone can find "highlights" of a road race (as if such a thing exists) - let alone a whole tour coverage - anything but utterly, brain-meltingly boring!
I actually like watching road races - although I agree more MTB airtime on CC would be nice.
Have watched a few of the National Road Series packages - The North West tour production was very good.

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My wife met him at Wildside in 2012 at the finish line after she completed the TT stage. She watches Cycling Central regularly so recognised him straight away.

Anthony: This might sound a bit strange but I just sqautted in the bushes over there to do a number 2 and now I have leeches on my butt cheeks.

Perhaps he is socially awkward, I dunno, but it was a very strange opening line to say to well, anyone?!

That's my standard chat up line! Damn you Tan Man!

poita

Likes Dirt

W.T.F! 10char

scblack

Leucocholic

EEeeeeewwwww!

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that footage is (may not, I don't know) not as readily available for MTB events.
I know that most road events have TV crews and motorbikes with cameras following them everywhere. Bulk footage to choose from.
When I volunteered at the National MTB series though, there was a sole WIN TV crew there for about ten minutes and that was it. At Nationals!
Yet the National road scene has cameras everywhere.

maybe if MTB events had the same bulk and quality of footage they would get more air time?

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
It's a lot harder and a lot more expensive to cover an MTB event than a road event. You can't have a motorbike on a MTB course for coverage and the fact that generally MtB events are held in forests/bush land means that each camera can only cover a tiny amount of the course. In a road event, you have fixed cameras and wherever those fixed cameras aren't, you have the motorbike.
Nothing stopping them sending out a crew and doing a feature on MTBers though.

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It is more a fashion show as well....depicting the latest trendz that have filtered across from Europe. People don't watch it for the cycling...they watch it to see what the fashion trend leaders are wearing and the degree of colour synchronicity between the team bikes, uniforms and support vehicles....(dodges carbon fibre road shoe aimed at head)

jim17

Likes Bikes
I was pretty disappointed of their coverage after Dan McConnel won the World cup round, They talked about it for 2 seconds then went back to road coverage. That was a fairly big moment for Australian Mountain Biking and they barely mentioned it.

tprmc78

Likes Dirt
Last years show was much better

I am extremely disappointed with CC this year. No extended coverage of any race series whether it be Road or MTB. They sit on the couch and talk to people who are more concerned with the politics of cycling. They have lost the plot a bit this year. The panel is definitely leaning towards people who dislike MTB, look at what happened to poor Sid when he was on.

Benizmo

Likes Dirt
To get coverage onto CC not only do you have to supply the footage to sbs yourself, you have to pay to get that footage onto the show. They don't just look at races and think that would be nice to put on the show. That's why you only see the bigger races like cape to cape putting together a package and paying for the airtime.