Cyclist Shot at in Melbourne

peep

Likes Bikes
:shock: And you thought the roads were safe!

from news.com.au

Arrests over 'drive-by' cyclist shooting
November 17, 2004

FOUR men have been arrested after an alleged "drive-by" shooting of a cyclist with an air rifle in Melbourne.

Police allege a man leant out of the window of a moving vehicle on St Kilda Road in South Melbourne and shot at a cyclist with an air rifle about 4am (AEDT) yesterday.

The cyclist was not seriously hurt but suffered a graze to his shoulder.

Police said a description of the car, a maroon Ford Fairlane, was issued and the vehicle was quickly spotted by the operator of a surveillance camera driving along Russell Street.

The four men were arrested and interviewed and are to be charged on summons with conduct likely to cause serious injury.

I wonder if he was taking up too much lane space?

October26

Likes Bikes and Dirt
People driving always find cyclists a funny target, how often have you had people drive past and yell or throw stuff.

A couple of times people have thrown stuff at me then either stopped at a light or I have come across their parked car just up the street. It's funny because when I see those cars I seem to lose balance and fall into their car somehow. It's a phenomenon really(and don't go saying I give cyclist a bad name these people think we are shit already).

Foes_racing

Likes Dirt
Be a smart ass back to the driver it is fun trying to get away from a car trying to run you over :wink:. I lost count of the times people have done stuff to us but we give it back to them, just hit there car or flick them the bird, just be ready to ride as fast as you can.

tu plang

knob
i think you will find half the reason a lot of people still use water bottles rather then camelbak etc is because a waterbottle is more useful in above situations. :twisted: :twisted: mwhahaa... i so have to buy a bottle cage one day.

they wind their window down to yell but never think to wind it back up :p.

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
tu plang said:
i think you will find half the reason a lot of people still use water bottles rather then camelbak etc is because a waterbottle is more useful in above situations. :twisted: :twisted: mwhahaa... i so have to buy a bottle cage one day.

Fug, thats funny, need to remeber that one :)

tu plang

knob
Cave Dweller said:
tu plang said:

Fug, thats funny, need to remeber that one :)
glad i could brighten up somebodies day :). i picked that little one up off rik, i think it was.

dok

Likes Bikes
tu plang said:

Ha ha ha.

My camelbak can squirt water someimes. What's really funny is when they try to drive away but don't realise you are going as fast as them.

So many times have cars tried to overtake me, just to be overtaken. I have to get one of those stickers that says "Warning: trying to overtake will result in race."

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
Who rides their bike at 4am? Especially on a week-morning. :?

Davf

Likes Dirt
LTR said:
Bloody Roadie's :wink:

I like the water bottle idea, and also like using those bike air horns. Good fun :)

Mahoney_007

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Firing an air rifle at someone is not funny, its a gun, it can do some serious damage. I once shot a bloke driving down the freeway with a BB gun (I was a backseat passenger, young and very drunk, incidently I wasn't actually aiming to hit him just get the pallet in the car) Anyways I got him right in the neck, he fully shat himself, and crossed a couple of lanes. I think back to this and think how totally stupid that was, fun to talk about now with the boys but so close to being a major accident. :oops:

As for throwing shit at people well I find this both funny and sad at the same time....why? Well Ive had shit thrown at me, BUT Ive also thrown shit at kids, what comes around goes around huh!

One time at band camp... there was this 600ml iced coffee and it had just been opened by the driver of "The Van"! He then spots these kids riding down the road so he offers the boys in the back his full drink provided they scone one of them with it....."Well I'll take that challenge". So I'm hanging out the side door of his van and we approach these kids at about 30clicks, one of them turns around gets a second or trwo to actually see me holding a full milk drink them bam he cops the whole fucking thing. Did we die laughing? You bet your arse we did :lol:

Now that Ive said that I would also like to offer an apology to the poor kid I saturated with milk about 8 years ago on old Midland Road right near the golf course....Im sorry mate, spur of the moment thing!

Spooky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mahoney_007 said:
Firing an air rifle at someone is not funny, its a gun, it can do some serious damage. I once shot a bloke driving down the freeway with a BB gun (I was a backseat passenger, young and very drunk, incidently I wasn't actually aiming to hit him just get the pallet in the car) Anyways I got him right in the neck, he fully shat himself, and crossed a couple of lanes. I think back to this and think how totally stupid that was, fun to talk about now with the boys but so close to being a major accident. :oops:

As for throwing shit at people well I find this both funny and sad at the same time....why? Well Ive had shit thrown at me, BUT Ive also thrown shit at kids, what comes around goes around huh!

One time at band camp... there was this 600ml iced coffee and it had just been opened by the driver of "The Van"! He then spots these kids riding down the road so he offers the boys in the back his full drink provided they scone one of them with it....."Well I'll take that challenge". So I'm hanging out the side door of his van and we approach these kids at about 30clicks, one of them turns around gets a second or trwo to actually see me holding a full milk drink them bam he cops the whole fucking thing. Did we die laughing? You bet your arse we did :lol:

Now that Ive said that I would also like to offer an apology to the poor kid I saturated with milk about 8 years ago on old Midland Road right near the golf course....Im sorry mate, spur of the moment thing!
You are kind aren't you?
One day i was riding up a big hill on my MTB and this fag leant out the window and grabbed my arm....it wasn't a laughing matter at all...

DiMmY

Likes Dirt
Davf_ac3 said:
LTR said:
Bloody Roadie's :wink:

I like the water bottle idea, and also like using those bike air horns. Good fun :)
haha.. get a can of air.. "hey faggot rider" "air horn in face"

junior

get out of my grill
LTR said:
i do :oops:

and also the studs on the top of the shimano MTB shoes come in handy if you recognize there car sitting in the street. (use only in extreme cases)

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hmmm been shot at, i think these people werent just having a bit of a laugh at a biker somehow :?
feel sorry for the guy been shot at, i know been swerved at by cars is bad enough!
oh people, if you can manage to grab the rear of the car, go for a ride with him, and give him a good spray while your moving :p

Tomas

my mum says im cool
gromet said:
LTR said:
i do :oops:

and also the studs on the top of the shimano MTB shoes come in handy if you recognize there car sitting in the street. (use only in extreme cases)
Lockons scratch like a bitch. Cars are painted.

2+2=?

renwo

Squid
anyone that yells/throws/makes stupid sudden noises/grabs your arm, or do anything that might startle you into crashing or swerving into something deserves to get their side panel kicked in. i'll have no second doubt about doing it, and it actually happened recently when my mate & i rode along and some retard flew by suddenly pulling a minda face and yelling.

red light up ahead :)
we speed up & 5 seconds later a big side-kick to his door. (nice one ticklenut!)

gave him the scare of his life, & the look on his face was priceless! like :O but sprinkled with 'please dont hurt me, i didnt mean to!' . then they turned down a side street to inspect the damage 'coz it looked like mum's car.

idiots.

flasher

Likes Dirt
Some Dicks decided to give me shit when i was riding,
they drove up besides me and swerved into me [nearly hitting] and then fired a few BB gun rounds at me.
Luckily all missed, and i was untouched, but i was pissed,
after riding around for a while, i find the 2 guys sitting in their car laughing there head off, needless to say i ducked out of the way, rode up next to them, kicked the door, then kicked the front of bonnet for a boost and to piss them off a bit more, only thing was, i rode down a side-street thats downhill and too narrow for cars, were they running after me?
i think not.

But just goes to show what pricks some people are.
Its not like were different because we use pedals instead of an accelerator is it? :roll:

Ben

danv

Likes Dirt
renwo said:
anyone that yells/throws/makes stupid sudden noises/grabs your arm, or do anything that might startle you into crashing or swerving into something deserves to get their side panel kicked in. i'll have no second doubt about doing it, and it actually happened recently when my mate & i rode along and some retard flew by suddenly pulling a minda face and yelling.

red light up ahead :)
we speed up & 5 seconds later a big side-kick to his door. (nice one ticklenut!)

gave him the scare of his life, & the look on his face was priceless! like :O but sprinkled with 'please dont hurt me, i didnt mean to!' . then they turned down a side street to inspect the damage 'coz it looked like mum's car.

idiots.
So you smashed the persons door in because they pulled a face at you :?