Dakine tail pad

bradfr

Squid
Does anyone know of a place in the Illawarra that stocks tail pads?
or even an aussie supplier online

thanks

EvFlow

Likes Bikes
Does anyone know of a place in the Illawarra that stocks tail pads?
or even an aussie supplier online

thanks
Yeah mate try mountainbikesdirect.com.au the dakine says there out of stock but they also have the Thule ones in stock at the moment

spurr

Likes Bikes
Have always assumed tail pads were just for shuttles, but has anyone used one for transporting bikes longer distances? Are they sturdy/legal enough for highway use?

higgin_d

Likes Dirt
Have always assumed tail pads were just for shuttles, but has anyone used one for transporting bikes longer distances? Are they sturdy/legal enough for highway use?
Yeah for sure... Done Thredbo (ex SYD) trips with one... They are sweet

Grundos

Likes Dirt
I've been running one for a while now, and really, they're pretty shit. Mine tends to slide to an awkward position that has the buckles in contact with the frame. My advice is to look into other options like the Evoc equivalent or make your own.
But yeah, if you do set one up right, they are good for long trips.

Last edited:

dmc

Likes Bikes
Make sure you don't get busted by the cops for covering your number plate with the wheels. A mate got stung on oz day $180 and three points.

Filthyfrother

Likes Bikes
Make sure you don't get busted by the cops for covering your number plate with the wheels. A mate got stung on oz day $180 and three points.
It's only about $30 for an auxiliary plate and you can order it online through the rta, sent to your door..

I've got a rack made out of a sheet of ply with 5 V cuts in it and a bit of padding. Works a treat and costs less than $50.. I'll try and get some photos up later, can't do it from my phone. Regularly drive syd to Byron and it's perfect..