Damage at Oxford Falls

unitec

Likes Dirt
Just got back from Oxford falls where we noticed that the launching ramps from the step-up & blue doubles in the engine block have been removed.
Does anyone know if we have a vandal loose at the falls or these have been removed for an upgrade?
Would love to hear if anyone knows anything. Cheers

pin'd_it

Likes Dirt
i dont even hit those lines but that still pisses the shit outa me (if it is vandals), i just dont see why people cant leave us to our riding and why people have such a hard time accepting MTB. Honestly we dont go round with sledge hammers screwing over skateparks and other areas.

if its for an upgrade that'd be cool tho

andy

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yes all of the damage was vandals, we suspect some little dickehead kids, maybe the little ones who did it ages ago when the same thing happened. The builder's were at it already this arvo and have re-built the kicker for the double (blue kicker) already! porps to them and no props to the dickheads who did the damage!

F1234K

Likes Dirt
Yeah, just wanted to make a post to notify anyone that reads these forums that the blue kicker in engine block has been rebuilt and that I would suggest anyone going to hit it to suss it out first.

It has less kick, but the angle is now more on par with the angle of the lander so should be a smoother jump. Also, a little bigger :)

Derka Derka

Likes Dirt
Vandals

Yeah those vandal Mother Fckers! I almost screwed myself on a wooden drop takeoff that had become unbolted from the rock a couple of months ago by some dickhead.

It is really annoying & ofcourse dangerous that people mess around with the jumps. Especially the engine block as that is really a classic line and the falls!! I know the guys that fixed it up ..good job, you guys rock!!

I think that lately there has been some excellent work going on so lets all encourage the guys that are building the good stuff. I mean some of those drops and wooden down ramps represent a sh!t load of work. Good on ya! and for the dickheads that like to vandalise things remember there is always a chance that a builder is in the bushes watching ya with his shovel.

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No shovel required Derka, our years of Thai boxing, Jiu Jitsu & Caporeira training may actually become useful one day.

U farkers are in trouble if we catch u....

le chat

Likes Dirt
on a serious note, these people are t@ats and deserved to be beaten into a pulp - it's putting lives in potential risk but also is a lesson to us all to check out things like the engine block before hitting them up. Ruins the flow I know but better to be safe etc, yes I know we should not have to but there are some nutters out there.

Back in the UK we had ramblers putting piano wire at neck height across fast sections of trails and other assorted man traps like planks with nails sticking up in the middle of trails, some people just DO NOT THINK - GOONS!

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was wondering when did they have a chance to do it? I was there Thurs afternoon and everything was fine, got there Sun and it was damaged. I am surprised no one saw anything unless they did it at night...then again it did rain on Sat.
Derka will sort em out...;)

Geordsta

Likes Dirt
Back in the UK we had ramblers putting piano wire at neck height across fast sections of trails and other assorted man traps like planks with nails sticking up in the middle of trails, some people just DO NOT THINK - GOONS!
Holy Shit....

I hate vandals its just stupid and they should accept things around them. Pisses me off...