DANGERBOY cnc long travel linkage plates for 02 Stinky

stinky|dan

Likes Dirt
For anybody that owns an 02 Stinky here are some pictures of the long travel linkage plates from dangerboy cnc in Canada(dangerboyusa.com). I fitted them to my bike last week (with little fuss) and am currently running them in the 6 inch travel setting whilst i get a 24 inch wheel built up. Once that is done i can put the plates into the 7 inch travel position. Even in the 6 inch position the bike feels a lot plusher. I will be upgrading my spring as suggested by Dangerboy.

I did some DH runs yesterday and the new travel took a bit of getting used to. I haven't ridden any bikes with more than 5 inches of travel so this is a completely new experience for me. After a couple of runs though i began feeling more comfortable with the change and was really able to use the travel effectively. I will be posting more updates as i get more experience with the plates. In the meantime, enjoy the pics.

Dan

with that, how much in australian dollars is it? wat size rear shock u got and y u need a 24" rear wheel? i got a 02 stinky 2

stinky|dan

Likes Dirt
my credit card statement said that i cost about $300 (but i got a t-shirt as well) so probably about $270 approx.

You can use the same shock.

The 24 inch wheel is required as a 26'r will hit the seat with 7 inches of travel. I haven't tried it and i'm not going to bother until the wheel gets built up this week.

stinky|dan

Likes Dirt
yep, 'the big stink'! I laughed when i pulled it out of the box.

The plates are designed around the 01 and o2 Stinkys. i think the frame design was altered for 03 to get 6 inches from the factory. You should check www.dangerboyusa.com for a bit more info about compatibility with the 03.

bazza

look at me
can i grab the eye to eye measurements and angles off you :D :D :D:D come on, help a poor dher out :D. but that looks awesome, if i had that much money lying around i would have one on my bike for sure!!!! just take a digi of the plate and put a, b, c for angles, add to the side, 1,2,3 for measurements put to the side. i will give you umm some stickers by post if you do that.

bazza

look at me
i saw the farkin community all chip in for my bday (7/11) and send me a set of these plates for it :D

stinky|dan

Likes Dirt
Don't think i'll be doing that. Sorry. The guys at Dangerboy have been extremely helpful with my purchase and i've told them about this post. I don't think they'd like it if i was sharing the dimensions of their hard work on the net! Anyway, if you don't have the money for the plates then how are you going to afford the new rim, hub and spokes for a 24 incher?

bazza

look at me
i wont get a 24 inch. and arent you a little dibber dobber, they are out to make moneyyyy every company is! they didnt go into the business to make people happy, they went into make money. grrrr. how about you privately send them to me as a birthday present. and they are seriously overcharging as well if you havent noticed. 300 bucks for 2 plates of metal. come on!

Adi

It's my birthday!
That's bloody beautiful Dan, can't wait to see it with the 24 inch rear.

Bazza, who are you to say who is in for what? You obviously are not in for supporting MTB products + their companies. The question is; what are you in for? Tough shit mate. Dan worked for his linkage plates, so if you think 300 is too much for 2 plates of metal go make your own ones and see if it all works out.

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd like to see old mate bazza make a set of CNC'ed plates like that out of decent quality aluminium for less than $300...

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
the plates are sooo worth it considering that a 7inch duallie is a LOT more than a stinky and make a 7inch duallie for $300 more is awesome !!

i noticed a MASSIVE difference between my old plates for my crafty, and the new ones i got off Gutty !! *thanks again gutty*

i think it was a good move stinky dan !!

stinky|dan

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, thanks for all the support. The plates are a really smart upgrade because God knows i cant afford to spend all my cash on a proper DH frame. I'm happy with the Stinky and i'm even happier now with the longer travel. Hopefully my shimano hub turns up by Friday so my wheel will be built for Sunday.
* in other news, my .243 racing frame has been ordered and will probably land in OZ in 3 to 4 weeks!

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
This is a sweet upgrade an all. But have any stinkys failed from the extra stress at all? Just dont look to be the beefist of frames? Not bagging it - so dont bag me :)

And how do you get away with the same shock? wouldnt the ratio be all whacked? what stroke is your shock? etc.... dribble..

AirDog

Likes Dirt
stinkys are tank .. i havn't read anything about them braking because of the travel plates only lots of ppl saying how much smoother it rode

yeah the reatio is all wacked up but once u get a stiffer spring to compensate u wont notice a thing .. it uses the same shock 2" stroke

so i'm guessing for 6" the ratio is 2.0 x 3
and 7" it is 2.0 x 3.5

cant wait to get mine :D

hey dan have u tried taking the spring off and seeing where it hits under the 7" position .. i am curiouse in wether u can get around it somehow.
or dose the tyre hit the seat tube pole

stinky|dan

Likes Dirt
AirDog,

i haven't done any experimenting yet. I've been quite busy with Uni and work and dont want to side track myself. I will keep you updated.