Danny Green vs Roy Jones Jr..., Next Pacqiao vs Maywether

stoff

Likes Dirt
For all you on this thread that say it was thrown or rigged or Green should not have been able to do that, or that Jones went down from a soft puch....

Just take into consideration that anyone who steps into a ring is only ever one punch from losing.

All it takes is for the brain to be shaken hard enough inside the skull for it to start to shut down and protect itself. The punch does not have to be particularily hard it may have just been at the perfect angle for the fluid around the brain to not have enough shock absorbtion.... Goodnight Irene.

Anyway Danny has done the work to get there and thouroughly deserved the win.

End of rant!!!!!
Agreed. And why would Jones come down here to lose to Green like that or at all, when he could have done it at home for a lot more money. He was here to take the cruiserweight belt and add another weight class to his legend.

Derka Derka

Likes Dirt
Amen brother.

Mundine might be fast, but my god he is an ungracious, big-headed, wanker. Makes me embarrassed to think he is representing Australia in one of my favourite sports. Every time he opens his mouth the I.Q of everyone in the room drops by 70%.
Which is exactly why he will never be Australian of the year or win any sort of recognition for sportsmanship!

I and i guess quite an few people remember his comments on 9/11, when he said "those people deserved it". What a tool!!!

Green may not have the ranking that mundine has but is miles ahead in my book.

Chul

Likes Bikes
I was told once that in head trauma, its often the side impacted that has the trauma that you would think. Its not the brain hitting the opposite side of the skull from the blow..but all of the skull juice getting forced to one side of the skull while the brain goes the otherway.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Who cares old man. Mundine is a sap and has half the heart Green has.

Green's not a favourite because he's a cut above the rest in the ring but for his humble approach (for a boxer) to fighting (shown in his victory speech).
Old Man!...you probably dont know that green and mundine are actually friends do you, most people dont even realise that they have been taken in by the good guy(green) bad guy(mundine) routine, boxing is so dead over here that they have to resort to this type of publicity for a couple of mediocre fighters, this whole good guy bad guy thing is all about putting bums on seats, they are both nice fellows that happen to go o.k. in boxing!

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Who cares old man.
I didn't realise Mundine frequented this site ... What a fucking Wanker thing to say. Kinda Ironic really.

Agreed. And why would Jones come down here to lose to Green like that or at all, when he could have done it at home for a lot more money. He was here to take the cruiserweight belt and add another weight class to his legend.
I don't think so ... reason he came out here was that he had to prove he could win against a "puncher" (who he thought he could beat), which then would have ensured a massive payday in the Hopkins rematch. Roy also got half of the takings 50:50 split across the board ... so if Danny got $6M so did Roy. (may not be a massive pay day, but still pretty good for 122 second.)

From this
“It’s the way that you lose, and (Jones) lost on his feet, not on his back,” Hopkins said. “I don’t think the ref should have stopped the fight. (Joe) Calzaghe had him hurt worse than that and they didn’t stop that fight. I think I can still fight him. He went out on his feet, not on his back.”

Against a fighter like Hopkins, Jones probably wouldn’t be so lucky with the feet/back thing. And no matter what B-Hop thinks, the fight lost its marketability the second the first right hand from Green planted Jones on the canvas. So what are Hopkins’ other options?
From this (same quote, slightly different perspective), you can just tell its all about the money ... really, why else would you bother fighting somebody past their prime ... To ensure your legacy ... pfffft ... $$$$

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I didn't realise Mundine frequented this site ... What a fucking Wanker thing to say. Kinda Ironic really.
It's gets a bit tiresome hearing all the 'back in the day things were X amount times better'. Take the fight for what it was and appreciate it. Both good fighters, enough said.

And for the Mundine lovers and those saying he's 'playing the bad guy game', he was a fuckwit in his NRL days and nothings changed.

And for the record, when I'm 30such I'd want to be off the computer, attending to my children, surfing, riding or whatever that will take priority.