Dartmoor Cody - Vengeance Hlr 80mm

Brodie_78Kt

Likes Dirt
Heres my Dartmoor Cody,

I'd like to thank Duncan from Diymtb.com for the amazing forks and brake.

Exams and Glandular feaver have momentarily stopped me from riding over the last few months but here is a prior snap.

Young man it would appear that you have been caught with your pants down :eek:

Apart from that sick bike. If I had the funding I would buy one of those forks so fast :cool:

Are you sponsered by rick aswell? or did you just buy the frame?
How are you liking it so far?

yakuza857

Likes Bikes and Dirt
its changed alot since your last pyr, looking good:)
how did you slam your seat and still have that much space between your seat and tire?

Brodie_78Kt

Likes Dirt

Apart from that sick bike. If I had the funding I would buy one of those forks so fast :cool:

Yeah the forks are as close to amazing as you can get! and i still find myself playing around with settings.

Im not sponsored by Rick it was my decision to ride the Dartmoor. Honestly its a seriously wack frame, its long, high and steep but i love it! Although it took me awhile to adjust after my Blk Mrkt Mob the Dartmoor seems more forgiving and because its so long it just eats up Dirt Jumps. Because its high which makes it relativatly easy to 360 and throw around even though its so long. Good frame.

how did you slam your seat and still have that much space between your seat and tire?
I feel if i tell you, your respect for me and my bike will dramatically drop ;)

Last edited:

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere

Brodie chose to and duncan put in a very good word for him. ;)

Brodie_78Kt

Likes Dirt
Cable ties. il go for cables ties
Ok now theres been so much discussion i think ill actually have to tell. I simply got out a pair of side cutters and cut about 2cm off the back of my seat in a smooth curve, then filed it back till it was smooth and re-stapled the padding onto the new back of the seat :)

how much does it weight compared with your previous bike?
Ahh im really not sure, at one point my bike was 9.7kg but i feel it got to light, hence why i have built it back up like this. When a bikes to light you struggle to make the distance on bike Dj's and they just feel so unstable, around 11.0-11.5kg seems to be the hot spot. Weight seems to be a funny thing to play with on a bike, with this bike i have tried to make the bike as balanced front to back as i can and funnily enough it actually feels more manuverable in the air compared to when it was 9.7kg and alot more smoother. I have also been playing around with different bar height and tyres alot and i feel i have the bike pretty dialed atm.

Brodie chose to and duncan put in a very good word for him. ;)
Hehehe Duncan <3

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok now theres been so much discussion i think ill actually have to tell. I simply got out a pair of side cutters and cut about 2cm off the back of my seat in a smooth curve, then filed it back till it was smooth and re-stapled the padding onto the new back of the seat :)
HAHA not as bad as i was thinking. good job

Brodie_78Kt

Likes Dirt
Yeah i heard something about not being able to slam the seats on the Dartmoors because of the geo?
Nope is because they have no seat tube prominant on top of the top tube. So basically if it had an average seat tube height of 2 or 3cm it would be fine, hence if you run
Your seat at the same height as an average seat height it would be sitting up 2 or 3cm. I actually did this mod to my seat when I had my blk mrkt mob, since they dont have any seat tube on top of the top tube either :)

stp_hero

Likes Dirt
his seat mod is actually pretty smart as youcan pretty much sit on brodie's still. and his forks are that bloody amazing.
and bro when can i get my brake back ;)