DAVISUALS - Shane Chandler Downhill

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
So this morning I was really keen to test out my new camera so I sent Shane a message whether he's keen to ride/film. He agreed so we set off. After trying to get his bike in his nice new Impreza.

Today was a pretty stupid day to go riding, I'm assuming it was around 34°C. So I had all my gear ready with my Canon 7D, 15mm Fisheye f/2.8, 50mm f/1.4, 17-35mm f/2.8L.

This is how it turned out.

Click to open with Vimeo in HD

Pinkbike Link.

DAVISUALS

Last edited:

adman

Likes Dirt
That quality is awesome... and some really, really smooth filming and editing too.

I still don't understand why a camera that primarily shoots photos is a videographers choice of camera... but hey! That quality is such a good reason it just about makes sense!;)

Nice Will!

nitrous to burn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice Will. Just a quick question. Do you have any problems with the autofocus or manual focus seeing as it's and SLR camera, or does the focus setting change when you move to the video mode? Like do you have to constantly re-focus it when you zoom it and out when changing the angle and zooming the shot like you need to do when Photoging?
Tom.

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
Tommy,
Yeah, it's basically like using an SLR, there is an Autofocus setting but you have to hold the shutter release button and it searches around for about 3 seconds and it looks like shit so I preset the focus and let it be. Basically think of a normal SLR camera and how you use it to take photos, same way with this.

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That was pretty sweet.

I have no idea why but whenever I watch a vimeo vid its always jerky/choppy. It doesn't matter whether it's HD or not either. Never happens on any other site. Anyone know why? I'm sure all the vids popping up these days would be 10x as awesome.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Hey Will, you still have a little bit of fine tuning to do with your DOF, but you'll have it mastered in no time. Can't wait to see your next peice.
You must be lovin' that 7D.:D

Hux