Dean Lucas - 2012 Kona short

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Been so busy with DVD stuff, work and school I've had little time to knock anything up for a while, finally got out and filmed this -

[video=vimeo;30371869]http://vimeo.com/30371869[/video]

A short 40 second video featuring young under 19's Kona rider Dean Lucas. Shot on location at Dean's local track (Beechworth, North - East Victoria) as he dials in his new 2011 Operator.

Filmed on a Canon 7D, 24-70mm F2.8, LCD view finder, ProAim linear slide, Rode Video Mic.

Edited on Final Cut Pro

Song - Call My Name (Spencer & Hill Radio Edit) (feat. Nadia Ali) - Sultan & Ned Shepard

Also, as many of you want to know the Victorian State Downhill Series DVD is complete and currently being published, you should be able to get a copy at You Yangs assuming there isn't a hold up, I will let you all know when I know I'll have them for sure.

jakelucasmedia.com

Last edited:

nitrous to burn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sweet Video and music, but isnt that the 2012 Operator? And also, I don't understand why filmers have upgraded external microphones for there camera, when they just prioritise music overlapped? Is it more for interviews?

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sweet Video and music, but isnt that the 2012 Operator? And also, I don't understand why filmers have upgraded external microphones for there camera, when they just prioritise music overlapped? Is it more for interviews?
Yeah, that was my mistake, 2012, the video was titled 2012, just not the thread.
Also with the external Mic, it was not used at all in that particular shoot, the details are a template I generally use to save time re writing the list each time, saves people asking, but you are totally correct, the external Mic would generally be used for interviews as they are more directional and allow the subjects voice to be the main focus, works particularly well in pit like situations.

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will you be selling the DVD anywhere else apart from the VDHS events?
Will try and get it in some bike stores, also will be available for mail order from Monday onwards, PM me on here for details, just will be a direct bank deposit and I'll mail it out, then not long after will hit ebay.

Thanks, Jake