Dear Pretend Road Riders of Newcastle, Please Slow Down on the Ferneigh Track.

teK--

Eats Squid
In my opinion riders really shouldn't trying to be improving their times or pro/elite level fitness on a public walk/cycleway when it is occupied by normal people out trying to enjoy some peace and quiet with their kids, dog or whatever, it just isn't the place, if you are too scared to ride the road go to the gym and ride a bike that goes nowhere.

Riders have whined about dangerous drivers for years and some are too fearful to ride on many roads, however on the bike paths they seem to be causing the same problems they face when sharing roads with motor vehicles.
This. Some cars since they are fastest vehicles act as bullies on the road, but then the racer cyclist wannabees bully other riders and walkers off the bike paths.

I wouldn't hesitate in yelling out for these idiots to just slow down and chill the f*ck out whilst on a shared track.

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
Play nice for a while Strava Beasts and inconsiderate people.
It will be interesting to see if Police start pinging riders for not using the lights on Burwood Rd, big fines kick in next month and the Police need a new way to make money now that every ute in town has a net on the back.

View attachment 324987

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Play nice for a while Strava Beasts and inconsiderate people.
It will be interesting to see if Police start pinging riders for not using the lights on Burwood Rd, big fines kick in next month and the Police need a new way to make money now that every ute in town has a net on the back.

View attachment 324987
Yeah when did the net on a ute become such a big thing? Cover your load is obvious when you have a pile of loose stuff in there, but in my parents country town blokes were getting pinged for a pair of muddy boots or a shovel etc.