Debonair pressure

Capt.Gumby

Likes Dirt
Just out of curiosity, what pressure are people running in their Debonair? At 90kgs I am currently running 250 psi to achieve about 30% sag on a 160mm bike.

Seems excessive?

marc.r

Likes Dirt
yep something about thati know it seems like a lot but going reading the forums in other places it seems normal to run a lot of pressure on these things. most people are doing the same. im less fazed by it as I used to run 330 Psi in the dt swiss shock on my genius.

teK--

Eats Squid
You can't compare pressures between frames with different motion ratios but generally Debonair and other high air volume shocks require more air to prevent bottoming out harshly. Or just fit a volume reducer.

Hellyeah

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just out of curiosity, what pressure are people running in their Debonair? At 90kgs I am currently running 250 psi to achieve about 30% sag on a 160mm bike.

Seems excessive?
Yep_thats_abought_right_after_the_whole_bedding_in_process

240psi_at_95kg_with_30%sag

..................................Feels_good

ducky1988

Likes Dirt
i was running 292psi in my non debonair monarch @ 110kg
There was never any problem with it. over 2000 ks with no service

ducky1988

Likes Dirt
Dude,
that's some high pressure. Pretty sure max pressure is supposed to be 275psi. Take care with it.
cheers,
Gav
I know of at 5 people running them higher that max on their giants. I think it had something to do with the suspension design

Safe to say it never took my anal virginity away from me

Capt.Gumby

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the replies folks, seems likes it is the norm then, nothing to worry about.

Max pressure stated on the can is 350 psi....

fedor346

Likes Dirt
yeah they upped it on the devonair.
I think we got sidetracked with the monarch plus in here sorry about that.

cheers

Gav