Defy Advance Pro upgrades/mods?

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
You could keep an eye out for the top of the line PSLR0 carbon wheelset which are around 1520 grams. Sometimes the house brands go pretty cheap.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Advanced Pro 0 and 1 get the 1750 gram P-SL0 wheels, mine is the 2 with slightly heavier 1870 gram P-SL1 Disc wheels. Only difference I can see is thicker spokes... I could probably shave 150 grams with lightwieght aero spokes!

Im happy with them though, can treat them like CX wheels without worrying about them.

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-in/gear/product/p.sl0.disc/1184/61373/

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-in/gear/product/p.sl1.disc/1184/61374/
ah, i was getting confused with OP's Pro 0.

yep, just different spokes... also the SL0 is 20/24 spokes, SL1 is 20/28 spoke.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
P-SL1 & P-SL0 wheels use the same rim extrusions, but they're drilled differently. The 1 is not tubeless (although it has the lip on the bead seat), it's drilled right through & eyletted. The 0 is a sealed rim with alloy inserts to hold the spoke nipples.

bonecaptain

Cannon Fodder
Hi guys

sorry to resurrect this thread.

but I am selling my 3-months old Giant P-SL0 disc wheelset that I have taken off a 3-month old Giant 2015 Defy Advanced 0.

An impulse purchase at Pushys meant that now I have a set of DT-swiss carbon disc clinchers on my Defy, so the stock wheel set are now surplus to my needs. The new carbon wheels certainly feel nice, but I regret having purchased them cos , in all honesty, the stock wheels were already pretty good.

The P-SL0 wheel set are disc specific and tubeless ready.

They will come with the stock Giant P-SLR1 700x25 clincher tyres and inner tubes and rim tapes, as well as the stock 6-bolt 140mm rotor discs, and the stock shimano ultegra 11 speed 11-28 cassette, and the QR skewers. In other words, a complete swap over wheel set.

Here are the specs:

Rims: Giant P-SL0 Disc WheelSystem; 30mm deep, 23mm wide alloy
Hubs: Giant P-SL0 Disc WheelSystem; [F] 20h, [R] 24h, durable Swiss hub internals
Spokes Giant P-SL0 Disc WheelSystem; Sapim Race double-butted spokes

On the Giant website, the wheels are quote to be 1750grams.

The wheels roll true and all components in excellent condition.

Pickup from Melbourne or possibly can ship.

Please PM or email me if interested!