del rio: PHASE1 freeride.

bow chicka bow booowwww!!!
was a full on day today, with a shit load gettin done.
you just wait for jan's next post with all the low down on the action!!!
boww chickaa bow bow bowwww!

F1234K

Likes Dirt
10th August Work

Hey everyone, here is what went down on Sunday...

Built a box for the road exit kicker and started filling with rocks:
IMG_0418 (Small).jpg
IMG_0419 (Small).jpg

Then we filled it with dirt:
IMG_0420 (Small).jpg

This is the view from the kicker:
IMG_0421 (Small).jpg

This is the view from where you will most likely land (a proper lander will be built):
IMG_0422 (Small).jpg

Just another view from the side:
IMG_0423 (Small).jpg

And one from the top (look at buff goodness!):
IMG_0424 (Small).jpg

Further up the track a berm needed to be built so you can keep your speed for this new booter. We started with some fairly chunky ass rocks:
IMG_0425 (Small).jpg
IMG_0426 (Small).jpg
IMG_0428 (Small).jpg
IMG_0430 (Small).jpg

Then we add some dirt:
IMG_0431 (Small).jpg
IMG_0432 (Small).jpg

And there you go, a berm:
IMG_0433 (Small).jpg
IMG_0434 (Small).jpg
IMG_0435 (Small).jpg

And even further up where I cleared the landing for a step down last weekend we went in with picks flying and shovels digging and managed to remove the camber from the landing and buff it up a little as well:
IMG_0445 (Small).jpg

This is the C line step down we added as well so they can have some fun too:
IMG_0446 (Small).jpg

A view from the takeoff (last week this still had a fig tree blocking it, it was removed today):
IMG_0448 (Small).jpg

Looking down the track from the C line:
IMG_0449 (Small).jpg

Attachments

F1234K

Likes Dirt
And big thanx to the crew that helped out today!
Marcus, Josh, Matty and Woody. Very productive day :)... and now I am buggered...

F1234K

Likes Dirt
And of course maiden runs were done to see if this all works...

The gap on the step down was measured at 15 foot. You get a lot of speed coming off it and you can probably land out to 20-25 foot if you are keen enough, but we both landed pretty much spot on at the 15 1/2 foot mark.

Riders are me and Josh.

And here they are:

http://www.vimeo.com/1504758

This sunday

man. my neck an shoulders are still bruised from carring those logs up the hill and me back is sore as from sweeping track from top to bottem. so lets do it again this weekend.
this sunday(for me) will be there doin it again. this time i think i'll try do one or two runs first then work like a pack mule. i might actually get to ride me bike.

F1234K

Likes Dirt
Will be up there on Sunday as well. Fine tuning some of what we did last weekend and putting in some more frames :)

F1234K

Likes Dirt
seeyall out there.
Hey marcus, hope you got my message, my car broke down Saturday and so couldn't make it there Sunday... grrr! Should get it sorted this week and be up there Sunday though. Sorry if you were planning stuff involving us there and it didn't work out.

Hey marcus, hope you got my message, my car broke down Saturday and so couldn't make it there Sunday... grrr! Should get it sorted this week and be up there Sunday though. Sorry if you were planning stuff involving us there and it didn't work out.
hey hey there brother,
didn't do any work as such on sunday.
liegh and i went for a walk though.was a very productive day.
checked out the state line where we need to do some repair for water logging issues and changes to make it more flowy .
stomped around the faze1 line. showed liegh .looks nice an clean really starting to take shape! left a hole/pole digger up with the last lot of poles that we took up. and a couple of marine ply pieces down at the start and another pallet type thing.(maybe good for a kicker of some sort?)
we walked young teejays downhill line and decided that it's usable. and will connect with the line we're proposing for the freeride hookup and long dh run.
a couple of months back i had a friend mark out a line up on the hill under the del sin track.so we had a wander around up there. good use of the fall with long traverses switching back numerous times.i'm hoping he's not planning too much wood there as it'll kill me to lug timber all the way up there! it starts just after the start of del sin and will come in on the intersection of the state and club lines on that track so far .
will begin new threads for these projects as they get closer to actually beginning . still all fairly thearetical at the moment.
its all shaping up to be a extremely busy summer!!!
BRING IT!!!!

Last edited:
sunday 24th

hey freaky freeriding type people,
for those not attending the mtnx state champs this weekend,and have nothin better to do. this sunday out at del rio. faze 1 track build and skid day.
my plan is some real freeriding.
i.e top to bottem no marked lines. the aim= find the line!

F1234K

Likes Dirt
Me, Woody and Garfield will be up there tomorrow as well putting those frames up and finishing off that berm near the end.

sorry there boys an girls,
was unable to make it out there today as i managed to do me back in on saterday arvo. hobbling around the house with a bad case of old man back now!
how'd did those who did get out there go??

F1234K

Likes Dirt
24 August work

Hello everyone!

Another excellent build day with me and Woody went off and we got a fair bit done.

Here is the lo-down...

Remember that berm we built with all the big motherless rocks last time?
Well we went in and removed that tree that was the starting point and made the berm almost twice as big and also made it smoother:
Berm1.JPG
Berm2.JPG
Berm3.JPG

Then we went to about the half way mark where stunt 6 is marked and went to town on a masssssive wooden berm.
Here is the before:
Before.JPG

Then we took out a tree or 2 that was in the way and placed some initial post positions:
Idea1.JPG
Idea2.JPG

Then after a bit of to and fro we got it dialed and put them in with a frame going into the ground on which the slatting base will go later:
Posts1.JPG
Posts2.JPG
Posts3.JPG
Posts4.JPG

Then we go some more wood up to stick some cross braces on the posts to make it nice and sturdy:
Done1.JPG
Done2.JPG
Done3.JPG
Done4.JPG

Now all it needs it some slats and test runs :)

We also started the kicker that is just after this massive berm (stunt #22), but it is a work in progress so will change with time:
Booter1.JPG
Booter2.JPG
Booter3.JPG

And last time we also stuck a ladder bridge in but I don't think I posted a pic of it so here it is (it has not been bolted down yet, but the idea is there):
Ladder Bridge.JPG

Now I am buggered and need some serious R&R ;-)