**DELETE ME PLEASE** 2003 Kona Stinky, Medium, 7" Front & Rear

B.S.

Likes Bikes
Item: 2003 Kona Stinky, Medium Size Frame, 7" Front & Rear Travel
Item Condition: Very good, some scratches on frame and forks from general wear and tear and transportation on bike racks.
Reason for selling: I want a 2005 Stinky :D
Price and price conditions: $1600, will not split up bike. Would prefer local sale OR on the Penrith side of Sydney as I travel to the Blue Mountains once or twice a month.
Extra Info: This is not your standard stinky:
  • Has the standard Hayes front brake but a heavy duty Hayes rear brake with shortened dangerboy brake levers (I don't know what it is but am happy to photograph it for identification purposes).
    Alternatively, I will sell with Armor brakes (these are superiour in my opinion).
  • 7-8" Dangerboy linkage plates (note you need a 24" wheel to use it in 8" mode). Also comes with the original 6" linkage plates.
  • Forks are 2003 Jr T's, 7" of travel
  • Currently has a chainguide with a middle sized ring. I also have the large and small rings and front deraileur so you can configure it however you like.
  • The non chain ring crank is badly scratched and worn from transportation in a bike rack I made. Once I discoved this was happening I fixed up the bike rack but the damage is done (I have a picture of that).
  • New Bottom Bracket late last year
  • New Rear Derailleur in the first half of last year
  • Both Front and Rear axels (& bearings) replaced last year. Note, the hubs they go in are the quick release type.
Pictures:
Pics are up.

Last edited:

B.S.

Likes Bikes
Cool, thanks for getting those on for me, You'll have to tell me how to do that.

Also, I thought I should mention that these pics were taken yesterday (10/05/2005).

B.S.

Likes Bikes
I've got this plastic/rubber strip wrapped around the bottom tube (or whatever you call that) to protect it from damage. It's about 1 mm thick, slightly stretchy and grips to itself so it makes an excellent protective barrier. I've also used that stuff around the swing arm instead of an old inner tube to protect that from chain slap. It looks like white lines because it's reflected the flash on my camera. I'll put up a close up pic of it where the flash didn't reflect it.

Note that the bike was dirty when I took the photo.

Attachments

Last edited:

B.S.

Likes Bikes
NOT FOR SALE ANYMORE

I decided to upgrade it to my liking and keep it as I can't get enough interest or $$$ for it.