delete/sold

jmcavoy

Likes Dirt
Bio force HRV

That looks exactly like the ithlete I was using last year, did they change names?

Anyway, I used it for 3 months last year and found the HR strap painfully hard to use. I was using my Polar strap and it would take forever to sync with the ithlete pligged into my iphone and when it did it would read irratic and crazy, hardly ideal for measuring hr variability ;)

It would take 10 mins a day to get a stable signal, but then it would work. What I found after 3 months (of strap frustration) is that restHR proved to be an exact mirror of HRV on the ithlete's graphs, and it was just as good at showing my recovery. RestHR is a lot easier to track than using that frustrating ithlete too, I just use a finger clip pulse oximeter that I got for stuff all off eBay (and a finger and stopwatch will do the same job).

The ithlete is super cheap tho, so even tho I had a frustrating time, you should probably give it go. If you spend hundreds of hours training, gambling a measly $50 on a tool that might help sounds like a worthwhile risk to me... (which is why I tried it). You never know, as this stuff is highly individual, it might work better for you.

I'd love to hear how you go...

Last edited: