delete/sold

JanGG

Likes Dirt
FedEx is pretty good and they have fast service but you will pay a premium for it, especially on long overseas journeys such as from the USA. Can't comment on the Aus postage option as I have little experience with them.

Why not try DHL? They have good rates and are reliable plus they do international shipping.

driftking

Wheel size expert
FedEx is pretty good and they have fast service but you will pay a premium for it, especially on long overseas journeys such as from the USA. Can't comment on the Aus postage option as I have little experience with them.

Why not try DHL? They have good rates and are reliable plus they do international shipping.
They don't offer DHL on the site
the next cheapest option is USPS priority international mail at about $65

If the total order value is over $1000, dont use fedex. They will charge you the gst, duty and their "processing fees" as a matter of course. if you go ups or even usps it will normally come through without getting charged the gst.

Also you can use a mail forwarder such as ship2me.com they let you put the declared value on and are pretty efficient and you can consolidate multiple packages. I use them all the time and they are great.

higgin_d

Likes Dirt
If the total order value is over $1000, dont use fedex. They will charge you the gst, duty and their "processing fees" as a matter of course. if you go ups or even usps it will normally come through without getting charged the gst.

Also you can use a mail forwarder such as ship2me.com they let you put the declared value on and are pretty efficient and you can consolidate multiple packages. I use them all the time and they are great.
Anything +1k, and declared as such you have to arrange the customs clearance and you will pay duty plus import gst no matter how it ships. In my experience I actually think Aust Post is pretty bloody good these days. I'd reckon if that's the saving that's the line I'd be running