delete/sold

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Niche marketing anyone? Do you think they used a little stretch in the material for a comfortable fit?

There is never a must in these situations. Its a choice...

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think I am at the same stage where I need to start looking a bit sharper at work. My long arms and legs do not suit a lot of standard business shirts so I have to search a bit to find a brand that fits. I was wondering if some tailor made stuff is worth considering. We had a meeting at work with some consultatnts who looked very impressive in their suits. It made me feel a bit amateurish so I think I will have to do the suit thing next.

This suit he made for Minnaar looks more like something you would wear to a wedding rather then a business suit. The liner looks pretty cool. It interesting to read the suit can be worn cycling. I wonder if this will take off and the downhillers will ditch the pyjamas in favour of business suits.

driftking

Wheel size expert
I think I am at the same stage where I need to start looking a bit sharper at work. My long arms and legs do not suit a lot of standard business shirts so I have to search a bit to find a brand that fits. I was wondering if some tailor made stuff is worth considering. We had a meeting at work with some consultatnts who looked very impressive in their suits. It made me feel a bit amateurish so I think I will have to do the suit thing next.

This suit he made for Minnaar looks more like something you would wear to a wedding rather then a business suit. The liner looks pretty cool. It interesting to read the suit can be worn cycling. I wonder if this will take off and the downhillers will ditch the pyjamas in favour of business suits.
I reckon a tailored suit would be the go.
I have never had the full suit at most I have had an off the shelf jacket fitted and adjusted by a tailor but it makes a huge difference.
Not sure what you can do about shirts, I would image tailored shirts would be a bit costly over time, you usually have a few where as the suit you can get away with one for a while. If its for work can you claim the cost on tax? If you can the tailored option would be the go id think.

Klips

Likes Dirt

Hong Kong tailors. Seriously. I used Himark Martin for mine, I think it was $750 all up for a jacket, two pants and five shirts. Definitely worth the money and much nicer than off the rack.

As for doing downhill in a suit, this is from VCA 2010:

And here's the race run, you can see the pinstripes at the start:

https://vimeo.com/9970489

Klips

Likes Dirt
If its for work can you claim the cost on tax? If you can the tailored option would be the go id think.
Here's the advice from the ATO: https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/...eaning-expenses/Occupation-specific-clothing/

For office workers, here's the advice around dry cleaning etc: https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/...-cleaning-expenses/Cleaning-of-work-clothing/

[standard disclaimer - this isn't tax advice, you should see a professional etc etc. Have to say it because I'm certified as an accountant, but don't practice as one]

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks Klips, no sooner had I logged on to Himark Martin site they were trying to book me in an appointment for a fitting in Sydney.

I can't see myself wearing the suite on the bike. I already turn up to work a bit muddy after a morning ride and make extra work for the cleaners in our office. It would be good if I could.