Deleted posts/bad taste/mood

Jon

Not Grip, OK... So don't ask!
Just wondering ,is it possible/reasonable to edit quotes out of post if the source of the quote has been deleted by the author?It seems rather pointless if either mods or the author deletes a post after it has been quoted elswhere.Bit late for that then .If someone does a germaine greer and the mods remove it then surely it would make good sense to edit it out of other posts also.
If this is too hard or a bit big brother'ish(the george orwell type ,not freakin reality tv)then please just ignore or delete this thread.:)
cheers jon

tu plang

knob
Just wondering ,is it possible/reasonable to edit quotes out of post if the source of the quote has been deleted by the author?It seems rather pointless if either mods or the author deletes a post after it has been quoted elswhere.Bit late for that then .If someone does a germaine greer and the mods remove it then surely it would make good sense to edit it out of other posts also.
If this is too hard or a bit big brother'ish(the george orwell type ,not freakin reality tv)then please just ignore or delete this thread.:)
cheers jon
too slow :p

seriously though, i think if you say something stupid you have to be prepared for people to read it.

Binaural

Eats Squid
I quoted some goonish saying the other day and the mods just edited my post as well to remove the offensive words. Bit of a pain for them, but they can always search for that phrase and delete it wherever it appears.

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Yes it can be done, but as Binaural says it can be a pain trying to find them sometimes. Best bet is for members to report the post if they see the nasty quote popping up elsewhere.

Jon

Not Grip, OK... So don't ask!
Cool ,not a problem ,I sought of knew it would very labour intensive .
cheers jon