Deleting spammers and their posts

T-Rex

Template denier
Hi guys,

can I suggest that these spam threads and the user profiles that have been popping up get completely deleted, rather than just "banned". I see that it is possible to completely delete profiles and their posts eg a guy called "Downhillerdewd69" and the drivel he was posting last night is no longer with us.

Specifically there is a profile called "Mohammed" which posted a mobile phone span ad in General, as of the time of me writing this, his dirty great spam ad is still sitting there, and so is the thread.

Thanks.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
I've just put in some measures to help reduce this problem. In the meantime just keep reporting these posts and we mods will remove them.

TheBofh

Likes Dirt
If you simply delete a spammer they can sign up again using the same details. If you ban them they can be blocked by email, IP, username, hostname & other variables.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
We're using stopforumspam.com at the moment for registrations. This has had quite an impact on blocking spam registrations. Infact around 80% of registrations have been blocked as spammers in the last 3 days.