Demo 8 2012 to 2013 Changes

houso

Likes Bikes
What's happening with the 2013 Demo 8, is the Carbon Frame a goer, or is it a myth.

By the way, I'm looking for a 2012 Demo 8II large, if anyone is looking off load one

driftking

Wheel size expert
I have a feeling the carbon might be a goer, only because the specialized development team will be getting carbon bikes. I would think that they would only offer something so boutique and probably pricey to thier full sponsored riders as one offs. I wouldn't expect them to do one off builds for thier lower level sponsorships.

Off course this is just my speculation on the subject and I could be completely wrong.
I couldn't imagine though with all the hype and other carbon bikes coming out hat they would want to postpone the release, given it has already been well tested on the circuit.

Last edited:

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
over the last few years, whatever change they have done to the pro's bike (sam, troy and used to be brendog) have come out in the next release.
So if they keep that going, they will be releasing the carbon frame witch the team was running at world champs.
Interesting to see how it all pans out though.

houso

Likes Bikes
I'm interested to hear from Demo 2012 owners what they really think of the whole package as it is, ie Cane Creek Shock etc.
Sometimes you get a feeling because somebody has spent $6 - $7000 on a bike they need to justify that by saying that the bike is the best thing ever.
Some opinions on what is good and bad about this model would be appreciated.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I'm interested to hear from Demo 2012 owners what they really think of the whole package as it is, ie Cane Creek Shock etc.
Sometimes you get a feeling because somebody has spent $6 - $7000 on a bike they need to justify that by saying that the bike is the best thing ever.
Some opinions on what is good and bad about this model would be appreciated.
I would also be interested to hear if the CCDB is an improvement over the RC4.

driftking

Wheel size expert
I would also be interested to hear if the CCDB is an improvement over the RC4.
Id like to see a shoot out with 2 bikes one with a more progressive design and one with a more linear design. Then test the RC4, STOY and CCDB on the bikes.
It would be interesting to see how they all end up coming out and what really works best depending on the progressiveness of the bike.

I guess the stoy would be a bit hard though given the shock is tuned for the bike but for a similar price as the others it is a option that needs to be considered.

More so I would be interested to a see a RC4 tekin tuned (or similar) test done against the CCDB and STOY, for half the price of a new shock it is a fairly solid option if it yields the same benefits

B.utters

Likes Dirt
Id like to see a shoot out with 2 bikes one with a more progressive design and one with a more linear design. Then test the RC4, STOY and CCDB on the bikes.
It would be interesting to see how they all end up coming out and what really works best depending on the progressiveness of the bike.

I guess the stoy would be a bit hard though given the shock is tuned for the bike but for a similar price as the others it is a option that needs to be considered.

More so I would be interested to a see a RC4 tekin tuned (or similar) test done against the CCDB and STOY, for half the price of a new shock it is a fairly solid option if it yields the same benefits
2010 frame vs 2011+ would probably sort this out for you. I think the 2010 frame was a lot more linear than the 2011+ frames

MB

Intense Australia
How did it feel, what made such a noticable difference.
Also is the Rear wheel on the 2012 still offset 6mm?
It was smoother, more controlled, plusher.

Just felt a lot more quality.
+1. The CCDB makes any bike feel like it has been pro tuned - as long as you get it right... I recently rode the Demo with CCDB and it was superb. Get on it.