was wondering which one you think is better

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hi guys

im looking at up grading my dh bike from my glory and im deciding between

A 2010 specialized demo 8 ii

or a Morewoord kalula 2010

was wondering which one you think is better
Go the Demo < 135 rear spacing though > , the kalula is a girls bike , why not the makulu ?
If the glory is a 2010 + i wouldn`t bother .
Save and get the 2011 demo .

scotty thommo

Likes Dirt
rear spacing dosnt mind me
only the reason for kalula is because no one is selling a mukalula
the glory is an 2010 but im deffinatly getting a new cause other wise i need to speed money on it

fairy1

Banned
If you can't decide go for the Morewood because they are made by the people that design them not outsourced to a Taiwanese company.

Downhill_Only

Likes Dirt
Go the demo man, in my personal opinion.
If you go the kalula your going to want to upgrade soon after!

:) personal decision though mate!!!

cluster

Likes Dirt
If you can't decide go for the Morewood because they are made by the people that design them not outsourced to a Taiwanese company.
clearly you haven't seen me attempt to build my own designs.:rolleyes:
not necessarily a good thing.

PS; DEMO ALL THE WAY!

driftking

Wheel size expert
Can I be the annoying member and ask why do you want to upgrade a from a 2010 glory, is there anything particular you are wanting out of the bike?

If it is purely because the glory does not suit you very well I can deffinatly see that side of it and it could deffinatly benefit you getting a bike suited to you more, however if its due to say minor part upgrades then to be honest I wouldnt bother.
Going from a 2010 glory to one of those bikes might make you 0.5 of a second faster down the hill when it comes to components.

Now to answer the question, I have not had experience on either bike however I would go with the demo.

Last edited:

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not a full dh race bike? with the same head angle and bb height as the makulu it mays well have been, i know, i own one!

I can almost guarantee you neither bike will be faster then the other on australian tracks. But you will have a shitload more fun on a kalula.

scotty thommo

Likes Dirt
Can I be the annoying member and ask why do you want to upgrade a from a 2010 glory, is there anything particular you are wanting out of the bike?

If it is purely because the glory does not suit you very well I can deffinatly see that side of it and it could deffinatly benefit you getting a bike suited to you more, however if its due to say minor part upgrades then to be honest I wouldnt bother.
Going from a 2010 glory to one of those bikes might make you 0.5 of a second faster down the hill when it comes to components.

Now to answer the question, I have not had experience on either bike however I would go with the demo. Its a full blown Dh race bike where the kalula isnt a fully dedicated DH race sled.
the glory needs new wheels, new derailer, shox and forks need to be rebuilt and need new springs

so for all that i will be roughly 900
or i sell it and spend 900 and then i get a almost brand new bike

driftking

Wheel size expert
Not a full dh race bike? with the same head angle and bb height as the makulu it mays well have been, i know, i own one!

I can almost guarantee you neither bike will be faster then the other on australian tracks. But you will have a shitload more fun on a kalula.
I didnt know they ran the same HA and BB, I shall fix that up.

asdfben

Likes Bikes
kalula does ride amazingly smooth.
smoother than the demo in my opinion.
but yea try ride them both then decide if you can

Welshy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Stupidest attitude.

Professional welders who spend their life doing it > People torn between design and manufacture

RAC_DH

Likes Dirt
MAKULU - The BIG ONE

It is a real Race sled.

I enjoy every moment on my Makulu, it slays everythgin in its path.

Geo is amazing and feels stable throught rough stuff. Admittingly set up is critical, make sure you take some time to get it the way you like it (i guess this is the same for Demo tho).

Another thing is every other punter is getting a Demo these days get something different to the norm.

However having said that both bikes (Morewood/Specialized) will be awesome

Demo is sure to be a good bike, but is it more factory built than a Makulu (not sure if demo frames are hand built and welded?)

B.utters

Likes Dirt
I honestly don't think frame quality is an issue at all. I have never heard of anyone snapping or cracking either of either of the bikes your considering.

Try and get a ride on both to see how you like them and then decide from there. I have never ridden any sort of Morewood but I do own a demo.

Demo's are a sweet bike once you set them up right. Get your suspension dialed and it will feel great on any part of a track: Stable through the rough and at high speed, super smooth cornering and nice and poppy on jumps.

RainbowofDETH

Likes Dirt
If I was you, I'd get a Morewood Makulu with the BOS suspension set up. There seems to be nothing better then it.
Unfortunately I have to go with a 2011 demo 8 ii though, due to it being a lot cheaper brand new then a Makulu.
But if I had my way and the money, it'd be the Makulu.

Like everyone else has said though, try and get a proper ride on both of them before you make your mind up.

brendonj

Likes Dirt
What's the bike for? Geo of the Kalula may be similar to the Makulu, but it is only 7" and likely to have a different spring rate more suited to freeride. As noted above, probably a more fun ride but not as good at ploughing etc. But still probably a great bike for most tracks in oz. Note I haven't ridden a Morewood - so just an observation. Definitely rate the Demo though.

caddy

Likes Dirt
I went from a 2010 Glory to a 2010 Demo 8ii and have not regretted it once. To me the Demo just feels so much more playful and nimble, whilst still feeling as though it has more grip and more stability across all types of terrain.
HOWEVER, all anyone on this site can give you is their opinion (myself included). Everyone rides differently and for different reasons, so this will effect which bike is better for you (along with a million other variables which none of us are aware of). So while I loved the switch from Glory to Demo, you may not. The Morewood may be a better bike for you. Who knows? None of us that's for sure, so get out there and ride them and see what feels best under you. That's the only way of telling what the 'best' bike is for you.
Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.