Depot Road jumps need HELP or NOMORE

neil thompson

Likes Dirt
As Kirty said the council is get rid of the Depot Road jumps at Mortdale due to there insurance people saying its to much of a risk
I spoke to the Mayor about it the council originaly built a track there for bike
but now its not worth there risk with the pit ect
I need information of other councils who have built dirt jumps so I can go to Hurstville council and show what has been do else where
WE NEED TO PROVE WHY IT CAN WORK AND HOW IT HAS WORKED FOR OTHER COUNCILS AND KEEPING KIDS AND ADULTS OF THE STREETS

Cheers Neil

konastuff_08

Likes Bikes
all though this wouldnt be much help and u may already know this, but me and curtis got rid of the foam pit... if that helps

neil thompson

Likes Dirt
We need proof that jumps have worked in other places that mite give us a chance thay build skate parks so we need some imformation :confused:

Cheers Neil

Sellen

NSWMTB
Surely there is some precedence. There is a dirt jump park in the city in Adelaide, Townsville have a park maintained by the council. And thats just off the top of my head. What about Olympic Park 4X/BMX track?

5h1f7y

Likes Dirt
Gosford Council have one at Umina...but its pretty poor.

My mate built the skatepark next to it....the dirt was just left over from the park and kids started building it.....Then the council made em smaller but kept it as a bike track.

song

Likes Dirt
I live pretty close to homebush, and they have built and maintained, BMX and a 4X track. Every year they re-design the jumps....which is good....and bad.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Surely there is some precedence. There is a dirt jump park in the city in Adelaide, Townsville have a park maintained by the council. And thats just off the top of my head. What about Olympic Park 4X/BMX track?

we r in close quarters with the stonington council in getting the windsor DJ's back to their former glory, like ive mentioned to a few other jump's threads, its always best to say you want to make it more usable for begginer and intermediate riders, with a couple of advanced lines etc, that way it sounds better to the council, also a sign stating that you ride here at your own risk is always a good thing that way insurance in never a problem.

if you have any more queries about how ben n i went about getting the dirt and the council on our side feel free to pm me

LeeAndBee

Squid
Hey mate - i live and ride in townsville and i think it's rubbish that your council is making those threats.

We've had a DJ park for like 3 or 4 years now and it's recently (literally last week) been completely re-designed and fixed by the council and at their expense. Hopefully this evidence is enough to persuade your council :p.

Good luck fellas!
Lee

chris95

Likes Dirt
i also live in townsville and the jump park is sweet now that is been rebuilt. Going there tomorrow and cant wait :p

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
bugger, hopefully this will help people understand that they need a small community to keep these kinds of places alive

I have been getting back intothe bmx style of riding. I just wanted to know if there is anywhere in the Charlotte that does DIRT. I have been doing the whole MB trail riding and its not really my thing...I dont have a problem with a little road trip.

Any Ideas?

drewivison

Likes Bikes
hey Niel

I only know of two legal dirt jump parks in Sydney. One being Tahmoor and the other Castle Cove. Dont know exactly what council zones they are in though. I am sure it would be easy enough to find out.

neil thompson

Likes Dirt
depot jumps have been flattened.
Things are looking better for Depot Rd jumps The council got in contact with Aaron at The Bike Shed who is now putting a plan in place.
See what happens Hurstville council hopefully will see sence in keeping bikes of the streets
If it all works out Aaron from The Bike Shed needs a BIG thanks
Keep our fingers crossed

Cheers Neil :)

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
it will be all about luck if people dont pull their finger out, and try and sort plans out.

niceride

Likes Bikes
hi we have a few jumps in tewantin(noosa council) sunshine coast. they arnt very big but they r there but i broke my collar bone there last monday jumping the the roll in mound(no lip and t isnt ment to be a jump) and my freind also broke his collar bone there a few weeks ago thats all i know whats happened there but i dont think the council cares cuz we don't say any think cuz we are mature. ill try post some pics when i heal