derailleur cage tension help

-CALLUM-

Likes Bikes
This afternoon i took my x7 derailleur off my bike just to wash it. I removed to the top jockey wheel thinking that everything would be alright but after i finished washing it i noticed the cage had lost alot of tension. Instead of it curling up in just dangles there, i can push it back but it just springs away from where it should sit in the derailleur with no chain on it. can upload pictures if it help anyone
Does anyone have any idea on what ive done or anyway to fix it?
thanks alot callum.

chris95

Likes Dirt
This afternoon i took my x7 derailleur off my bike just to wash it. I removed to the top jockey wheel thinking that everything would be alright but after i finished washing it i noticed the cage had lost alot of tension. Instead of it curling up in just dangles there, i can push it back but it just springs away from where it should sit in the derailleur with no chain on it. can upload pictures if it help anyone
Does anyone have any idea on what ive done or anyway to fix it?
thanks alot callum.
hi mate it may have twisted all the way around, this happend to my mate and he found out that the stopper thing had stripped, so you can just twist it back but every time you take it off it will twist around again. or you could make something to stop it from twisting.