deraillier hanger alignment tool???

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
Hey guys

Just about to order an alignment tool for the rear mech hanger.

What do people own and where did you get it. Cheers.

redbruce

Eats Squid
Hey guys

These are good enough for home use (and cheaper than Park Tools which is a gold standard);

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Icet...64?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item5d4c1f6530

Mind you for the very few times I've felt the need to check, a visit to the LBS was far more cost effective.

Plenty of tools (like even a spoke tension gauge) that would be ahead of this on the list of useful/most used tools.

Last edited:

ChopSticks

Banned
Hey guys

where are you?
I spent an arm n leg for a park tool one... seems to be a waste coz it rarely gets used.

PM me if youre in syd and want to have a go

T-Rex

Template denier
Park Tools. It's had plenty of use over the years, I would not bother with anything of lesser quality, but we have two riders in the house, heaps of bikes, and we ride a lot.

For very occasional use, there are a couple of ghetto techniques which appear to be not too bad, or just take it to the LBS, or bludge off Chops.

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
where are you?
I spent an arm n leg for a park tool one... seems to be a waste coz it rarely gets used.

PM me if youre in syd and want to have a go

Perth unfortunately mate,

I sprung for a park tools one last night. They were on special for $75 odd dollars.

I seem to be the go to guy for all my mates who want small jobs done. I have been meaning to buy one for years. Bent hanger brackets are so frustrating... They can turn a 5 minute cable adjusting job into an hour of hair pulling pain.

Then you have to give up, take time out of your day to go to an LBS and get it done there.

I regularly have a queue of mates wanting small jobs done, so it will get some use I reckon.

Cheers for the responses.... Next on the shopping list. Press fit BB bearing puller and press,

Then, Wheel building equipment :whistle:

Just don't tell the wife!

teK--

Eats Squid

I sprung for a park tools one last night. They were on special for $75 odd dollars.

I seem to be the go to guy for all my mates who want small jobs done. I have been meaning to buy one for years. Bent hanger brackets are so frustrating... They can turn a 5 minute cable adjusting job into an hour of hair pulling pain.

Then you have to give up, take time out of your day to go to an LBS and get it done there.

I regularly have a queue of mates wanting small jobs done, so it will get some use I reckon.

Cheers for the responses.... Next on the shopping list. Press fit BB bearing puller and press,

Just don't tell the wife!
It's a good tool; buy once and lasts a lifetime.

Straighten only 3 to 4 derailleurs and it has paid for itself. Between my mates and I that is in less than a year ;)

ChopSticks

Banned

Ahhhhh
no worries dude

at least you now have something that will last forever!

some tool I can't justify buying, as you would rarely use them (star nut setter, crown race removal tool, headset press) etc
some you can diy
ie headset press, but some you're better off taking to the lbs.