Derby in Tassi

Discussion in 'Enduro / All Mountain' started by SideFX, Mar 20, 2016.

1. SideFX

SideFX Likes Bikes and Dirt

Has anyone been there for riding . Is Derby a mecca for trail riding . Sure Ive seen a few vids on the trails AK , flow and Troy , but it is all just best section pump up . I know it gets bloody cold down there and rains allot but would it be a good destination or a lamo GOV " trail " park " for everybody "

2. NeoNasty

NeoNasty Likes Dirt

I was there in October. It was awesome.

Hollybank, Blue derby and Blue Tier decent are all within a few hundred kms of each other. We did them over 3 days. Some of the best riding Ive done.

-Shaun

3. Stredda

Stredda Likes Dirt

Was back there for what must be the 10th time, and it's always a blast. The new "Big Chook" trail is my new favourite.

4. Delazy

Delazy Likes Dirt

believe the hype...

and more trails being built at the moment...

the new blue tiers descent is due for opening within the next couple months and plans for further extensions apparently underway...

another trail company have plans for a big park to start late next year although at the southern end of the state...

tassie soon to be a mtb mecca

5. rangersac

rangersac Likes Dirt

In a word awesome. Fast, flowy, some techy bits, stunning bush, and a beautiful area. If you are at the downhill end of the spectrum you'll be underwhelmed, otherwise you can't fail to be impressed.

6. nakedape

nakedape Likes Dirt

Absolutely fan-bloody-tastic. Old school trails, new flow trails, climbs, descents and everything in between.

7. Knuckles

Knuckles Burner

Good enough to get Hans out there twice, book ending his Bulla appearance.

8. Markee

Markee Likes Dirt

New footage footage of the latest trail opened, Big Chook!

[video=vimeo;158941327]https://vimeo.com/158941327[/video]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  9. BizL

BizL Likes Dirt

My friend Jasper made that edit. Pretty slick job.

10. caad9

caad9 Likes Dirt

Super nice edit, I want to get down and ride it right away!

Rode Derby in November, I'm hanging to get back. So much fun and the place will continue to evolve and grow because they have the right attitude down there.
    Did a week long trip including Derby, Hollybank & Meehan Range. You could spend a month down there on your MTB and never get sick of it.

11. Kramer

Kramer FoBR

Did Tas in January. Derby is epic. Must do Atlas and Dambusters - both have sooo much flow and mega huge berms. Depending on how gnar you like it, Black Dragon is fun too.
    Also rode Hollybank which was awesome too - so many corners to just roost out of. Try to get shuttles - I rode to the top 3 times and was absolutely smashed (1000+m vert)!

12. nakedape

nakedape Likes Dirt

Shuttles are available - check out Vertigo MTB for details

13. Boxer

Boxer Likes Dirt

So want to get back to Derby again

14. Flow-Rider

Flow-Rider Eats Squid

There are rumours that Hans Rey done some filming at Derby, so this will mean there will be a mini doco on the place soon.

15. rstim

rstim Likes Dirt

Not rumors he was there a couple of weeks back with Tyler McCaul there are a couple of small vids about, hopefully something longer soon.

16. Delazy

Delazy Likes Dirt

no rumors about it...he was down here with Tyler McCaul

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Delazy

Delazy Likes Dirt

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

a couple images from derby weekend just gone...

18. EMF

EMF Eats Squid

Do it

Before the ice comes

[​IMG]

19. binner

binner Yellow Underwear Person

As above

That's a whole lotta bike, you running cromag.......

20. binner

binner Yellow Underwear Person

I got a big rise today