Desert Dirt Jumps Wanted in WA

bunky

Squid
Hey I'm sending a shout to any Dirt Jumpers in the Pilbara area in Northern Western Australia. Anybody living out here who knows of somewhere to ride or who wants to come together to ride please pm me.

:)

H

>Henry

Wrong section mate, This should be in the W.A section of the Watering Hole.

Also welcome to Farkin :)

bunky

Squid
That would make sense. Thanks for the heads up. Can I get the thread moved do you know or should it just get deleted?

Cheers for the welcome!

H

>Henry

A mod will probley come along sooner or later and move it for you.

Mat_P

Likes Bikes
hey mate
i posted a similar question a little while back as i am moving out there early next year...
i didnt get a reply from anyone up that way...so best of luck with it :)
i was contemplating not taking my bike, but if i have even just 1 person to ride with (you) i will bring my bike along for the journey.
perhaps we will have to start our own trails...although im not sure how we will go with digging the ground out there as i assume its rock hard...but i could be wrong.
care to shed some light on that for me?

bunky

Squid
Hey mate,

There are some small DJ's around here in Newman where I live (Central Pilbara). They don't have a suitable runup for a fat bastard like myself, have to pedal too hard and they are reaallly tight for 20". There is usually a skatepark in every town and a BMX track in most of them although they vary greatly in terms of quality and the kind of people who ride them. I'm an old fart so I don't see too much fun jostling with the young kids at the park but sometimes I get out there early in the morning when nobody is around. Karratha has a strong Mountain bike community but i think they mainly ride XC with a little DH... Must be some jump action somewhere... Most people are into the MX scene and dirt jumping on bikes is seen as a kids thing.

Building jump trails is usually done after it rains up here in the 'Wet'. Then you have to wait until winter to ride, which is sensible as you would die from the heat if you rode in summer. Hiring a bobcat would be the way forward I think.

Keep in touch and when you come over this way we might be able to catch up for a ride.

Last edited:

Mat_P

Likes Bikes
newman hey....well i will be most likely living in South Hedland...and i just looked up how far they are apart....4 hours and 45 minutes...lol...although if we made decent jumps i would leave either friday nights or saturday morning (early) to ride saturdays and some of sunday then go back home...
but we would need some decent jumps.
personally im more into riding bmx tracks at the moment (due to me being crappy at dirt jumps :p ) but im sure i could learn to love DJ's and even skateparks (the crappy ones...i love the good ones, im just no good at riding mtb's on them :p )

Karratha MTBers

Cannon Fodder
Riding in Karratha Pilbara

hey mate
i posted a similar question a little while back as i am moving out there early next year...
i didnt get a reply from anyone up that way...so best of luck with it :)
i was contemplating not taking my bike, but if i have even just 1 person to ride with (you) i will bring my bike along for the journey.
perhaps we will have to start our own trails...although im not sure how we will go with digging the ground out there as i assume its rock hard...but i could be wrong.
care to shed some light on that for me?
Hey dudes all these people looking for riding in pilbara theres now a facebook page Karratha MTB search fro Karrathamtbers@mail.com

Were riding all over and building trails all over check us out

Karratha MTBers

Cannon Fodder
Were here finally riders in Karratha

Hey I'm sending a shout to any Dirt Jumpers in the Pilbara area in Northern Western Australia. Anybody living out here who knows of somewhere to ride or who wants to come together to ride please pm me.

:)
Dude facebook us Karrathamtbers@mail.com Karratha MTB face book name. Were a crew whos keen as keen as to put these little hills to the test, there not much to look at but theres lots of potential theres talk of a MTB park with the local council we just need the land approved.