Sold Devinci hectik, bargain, $500

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Things don’t retain their value for life. Your method will see items increasing in price every time they are sold. If I was to buy this, and shipping was about $150, suddenly a $350 bike is $650.
You're entitled to ask what you want. I just don’t think charging others the postage etc you pay, plus new postage fees is in the spirit of things.
How the hell is anyone meant to make any money then?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Ok, enough. @safreek is entitled to advertise at whatever price he wants and what a buyer will pay will determine what the bike is worth. I was happy to let it go as i did because it wasn't being ridden and it is too nice a bike to sit and rot. It needed a bit of tlc which saf may have done. I do not care what it sells for next time or the time after that. It should be ridden by someone.

If anyone is interested in buying then send saf a pm otherwise keep your thoughts on pricing to yourself. This is a for sale thread not a debate about pricing. There have been plenty of posts in the sale section where i thought that is cheap or that is exxy. Not up to me to make comment so let's leave this for saf to sell.

Thank you.

safreek

Ok, enough. @safreek is entitled to advertise at whatever price he wants and what a buyer will pay will determine what the bike is worth. I was happy to let it go as i did because it wasn't being ridden and it is too nice a bike to sit and rot. It needed a bit of tlc which saf may have done. I do not care what it sells for next time or the time after that. It should be ridden by someone.

If anyone is interested in buying then send saf a pm otherwise keep your thoughts on pricing to yourself. This is a for sale thread not a debate about pricing. There have been plenty of posts in the sale section where i thought that is cheap or that is exxy. Not up to me to make comment so let's leave this for saf to sell.

Thank you.
Thanks for that mate, since I got it from you I have only spent around $100 on getting brakes done, seat post bled and a tune up of the gears to get it running well.

I still don't understand why people think that a large expense to get the bike isn't part of what you have payed for the bike.

If someone buys a bike for 350, but it's from another state, courier cost is, say, 200. Did the person pay 350 or 550. Does that mean the person can only sell it for 350 regardless of courier cost.
I seriously think some of you must be pretty well off financially if you can afford that sort of hit. I have never profited out of anything I have gotten off this site and never will. I see nothing wrong with trying to recoup the money I payed for a bike

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Did the person pay 350 or 550. Does that mean the person can only sell it for 350 regardless of courier cost.
They (you) payed $350. The rest is a cost you incur for wanting the item enough to pay the freight/courier/car hire to get it.

You can sell the bike for whatever you want, but the ethics of "on-charging" freight are going to be questioned. Sounds like you did some work to the bike, so maybe lets just say the difference in price is due to that.

safreek

am giving this a day or two to sell otherwise I will sell it to a fella who strips bikes for profit, he thinks it's a steal. I prefer this not to happen, would prefer someone to buy and enjoy the complete bike.

safreek

What happened to the "proper photos soon"?
Just had a lot of people interested so thought it would be unnessesary. Think this for sale thread hasn't helped. Have a fella looking at it today at 1.30, if he doesn't take it I will add more photos.

safreek

It's sold, first one that saw it jumped. Said he couldn't believe how cheap it was. Snooze and lose I guess