devinci wilson vs specialized demo 8 vs lapierre dh720 vs commencal supreme v3

Which would you choose?

• Total voters

freeriding

Likes Dirt
well it's the time i'll buy a serious downhill bike. i am coming from a freeride one (mondraker durham)

the above are my favorite ones, all 2011 models.

opoinions please, especially those that have ridden any of them.

driftking

Wheel size expert
All nice rides.
I personally love the divinci Wilson if money was not a factor I would be on that right now. I ended up going with a 2011 commencal (the V3 is classed as 2012). These were the two bikes on top of my list and I cannot be happier with he commencal, as far as I have been told by commencal the V3 runs the same or very simar leverage ratio as the 2011 model, the new linkage however allows for improved square edge hits and increased pedaling efficiency. The Wilson also has a low leverage ratio and on paper their geometry seems damn good.
There are a few guys on here running the wilsons so even shoot a PM over to them and they might be able to give you some direct feed back.
The lappiere well it's a lappiere brilliant lookin and probably works just as brilliant, the rotating BB design reduces/stop chain slack and growth (as far as I'm aware) which can have obvious advantages on the trail. I don't know if they are in AUS and getting parts/warranty and work done might be a issue or at least a lengthy process.
The demo 8 has super short stays and a long front end, this tends to call for a more forward positioned ride, this is not a bad thing just something to note. The demos have clearly gone through a massive development in the last few years and their bikes seem to be living up to it.
With all that been said the giant riders have been putting up awesome results and a glory will work out much cheaper, however they definitely don't have the same aesthetic appeal.
Ideally the bikes you listed have quite different designs and to say one is better than the other is a hard task as they all can be ridden to a WC podium and they all will suit different riders.
As per usual try jump on as many as you can, even other bikes to help sort out what you like and dont like in a bike.
If I had say 8-9 k to spend I'd grab something around 6-7k and spend the rest on riding clinics or training tools.

Last edited:

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The demo has the best shock crane creek , and its well priced , at $3000 for the frame RR I think you should be able to pick one up for $2500/$2700 .

chewedchook

Likes Bikes
Quote Originally Posted by Get Mounted View Post
The Wilsons are a beautiful bike, where can you buy devinci in Australia?

Beerwah Cycles in Queensland sell em.
Eric the owner even has a small team riding the Wilsons.

contact him on (07) 54940111