Likes Dirt
Hey All
i was looking at upgrading my bars
to something a little wider
what are some nice wide bars around the $100 mark
cheaper if possible

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
First you might have to specify what a little wider is...are you going from XC width to 710, or are you wanting something more than 710?

Have you had a look on the TBSM website? They have some good sales at times, otherwise you might pick up something nice in the trading section here.

Last edited:

dw4dh

Likes Dirt
I would recommend Funn Fatboys I got a pair off TBSM for 110 and they are awesome 15mm rise and 750 mm wide. Good Luck with it!

Jimass

Eats Squid
Reverse XXL fli bars. Check out fearless cycles in my sig, he also has some other DH bars as well.

I run the Fli bars and they are amazing.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Another vote for Deity Dirty 30's. Although they're a little more than you're wanting to spend, they're a great DH bar for their width, rise and sweep...you wouldn't regret spending the extra dollars.

.BP.

Likes Dirt
Another vote for Deity Dirty 30's. Although they're a little more than you're wanting to spend, they're a great DH bar for their width, rise and sweep...you wouldn't regret spending the extra dollars.
They are $100 and are well worth it.

borrid-mtb

Likes Bikes
Me and my friend both bought a set of deity dirty 30s off chain reaction recently, we got them pretty cheap, 75 or so each and im pretty sure that included delivery? Keep a look out for sales on tbsm, crc and torpedo 7

chris95

Likes Dirt
Hi guys sorry for the hijack but are the "Da Bomb Apache" 750mm wide Bar with 25mm rise any good, The look nice and are fairly cheap so has anyone used it.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Back when I was after wider reasonably priced bars for my DH bike I picked up a set of Syncros Bulk 2014 off TBSM for $80, they were 20mm rise, 710 wide, and weigh close to 400g......but Syncros has replaced them with a new model....
FR 2014 710 wide, 20mm rise and 9 sweep....315g
or you have
Syncros FR31, 20mm rise 9deg sweep 790 width, weight not stated

People probably don't like the Syncros brand much because it was specced OEM on Norco bikes. To me they feel as good as the Deity 2014's I have and much better than some others I've had like Hussefelt, Race Face Ride, even Easton EA30 etc

If you're looking at CRC and TBSM then Holzefellors, Funn Fatboys, Sunline V1/ V2 etc would probably come into your price bracket (if on sale at least).

But my pick of the bunch would probably be the Answer ProTaper 780 DH Bar......cheaper than I expected!
CRC Answer ProTaber DH

Stated weight is 335g in the Dirt Works catalogue.

Last edited:

tim_d

Likes Dirt
Weird that on crc they say all the bars are 25.4 unless stated when most are obviously oversize 31.4mm...

The answer protapers look sweet. Anyone got feedback on them?

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can you have bars that are too wide? Does it go on the size of your shoulders? or is it a personal thing.
I don't think you would go by shoulder width alone, my shoulders are pretty narrow (woman) but I find 710 bars most comfortable, yeah I reckon going much wider wouldn't be sensible for me but it would probably be possible, to some extent it's what you get used to as well.

Yes it has to do with your shoulders and arm length etc but it's mostly to do with leverage. When you run a short stem a wider bar naturally tends to feel better (more leverage) compared to running an XC length stem.

It's not a strict guide by any means, but get down and do a couple of push ups, have a tape measure in front of you and when you've done a few measure how far apart your palms are. This will give you a bit of an indication of how wide you could go. (mine naturally sit close to 730 apart, but my shoulder width is something like 430mm).