DH bike

tmorr150

Likes Bikes
Hey guys.
Im looking for a DH/freeride bike for around $2500.
I have seen the norco atomik and it looks pretty good. Does anyone know anything about the 2008 norco six three because there is one at my local bike shop for around $2000. Most of my friends have freeride bikes modified for downhill.
Give your opinion.
Cheers.

ben_rides_a_bike

Likes Bikes and Dirt
get a norco atomik. you could pick up one from here in the trading area. they are geat bike for dh and freeride and you will proberly not need to upgrade anything

tmorr150

Likes Bikes
thks

yeah but the atomik is heavier than the six three and i dont want something above 20kg really but it might be possible........

frdlvr

Likes Dirt
Ironhorse 2008 Yakuza Kumicho $2499
Kona 2008 Stinky $2190
Norco 2008 Atomik $2250
Norco 2008 Shore Three $2399
Norco 2008 A-line $2799 (only difference to Atomik is runs code 5 brakes and 888 forks)

All the above are from http://tbsm.com.au The Bike Shed Mortdale..

I currently ride a 06 Shore mostly DH and it is a great bike so I would choose either the Shore or Atomik...

Hope this helps you..

aslav768

Likes Bikes
Have a look in the trading area, last I checked there was a brand new 2008 Giant Glory DH1 going for $2500! ;)

tmorr150

Likes Bikes
mmmmmmebbbe

yeah but i dont really wanna buy a second hand bike.
my parents wont let me. they dont trust these sorts of things.
i.e. e-bay, farkin, online shopping

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah but the atomik is heavier than the six three and i dont want something above 20kg really but it might be possible........
dude the stock atomik is 19 kg

my atomik with a few upgrades is 18.5 and feels light as if you want a light bike watever you do do not buy a glory;)

Adman001

Cannon Fodder
If you're interested in spending a little more you could try the new Giant Glory Dh1. It's about $3300 and rides really well. In Tasmania, there are so many people riding glory's now.

Of course you could try buying a second hand bike. You can get some really good downhill bikes every now and then that hardly have a stratch on them.

tmorr150

Likes Bikes
I dont really want a glory as I hear that they are really heavy.
Guys if it was up 2 me I wud get a second hand bike from the trading area but dad wants me 2 get a bike with a warrenty.