DH Brakeset

Cano29

Likes Dirt
Hi,

Need a brakeset for my downhill bike. Would like to get some old m810 saints but open to whatever you have. Price depends on what they are and condition of the set. $200 would be around the limit I'm willing to spend.

Thanks

Jayden.

Cano29

Likes Dirt
Not necessarily after 4 pot, I don't know what the xt's are like I've never used them.

Ideally maybe something a little more downhill specific though. What do you want for
them?

Thanks.

moorey

call me Mia
In my experience:
XT M785 and saint M810 are on a par power wise
XT M775 aren't as powerful as the M785.
XT M775 are more powerful than saint M800

Plenty of people have run XT on DH bikes without a problem (Dundog and Shredden, do, I think), but I think they are the current M785.
I currently have full M775's on my old Dh bike, upgraded from the old saint M800. They shit on the M800.

That's just my experience mixing and matching/testing.

M810 levers haven't been ridden, just fitted to M775 hoses and callipers. Callipers might have a couple of marks (can't remember), but haven't had much use. Ask around, maybe. They mightn't have the power you're after. I haven't tried them for fade on long fast runs.

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you have $200 I'd do my brakeset and cranks posted for that much. Otherwise yeah, you're dreaming regarding price.

moorey

call me Mia
What do you want for the set moorey?

Any chance of some pictures to jaydencano@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Jayden.
I'll get some pics for you. Looked at them last night and realise that I've actually taken off the 775 callipers and they are paired up to saint M800 callipers at the moment. Can't remember why I did that, but I'd have to change the hoses, as the saint run a banjo end and the 775 an olive.
Let me do some checking of what I have in the way of hoses on other spare sets I can swap out.
Sorry bud, will get back to you asap.