DH for oldies..

dirtpig

Likes Bikes
The Remedy is a very nice bike and good for most of the tracks at the You Yangs. Only problem is that you will be riding up the hills while the rest of us push up... Can you get out on week days at all? Beers is good :cool:
Ha! You overestimate my fitness!! I actually got the train to little river last Sunday and rode out there, the bike is phenomenal and the trails were heaps of fun. I can't wait to get back out there (maybe minus the 10km road ride).

I don't really get any mid week time, however if it is feasible I'd be keen on a post 4pm mission from the city while the days are long.

USJ

Likes Dirt
Any oldies up for some riding around the holidays? If we get 3-4 of us maybe shuttles somewhere? Also looking to schedule in some weekend rides through January. I'm getting myself back in shape before a 3-day trip to NZ in Feb. Look forward to meeting some of you.

James

crazy-man

Likes Dirt
i'm up for it too. i live in melton so youies is probs my closest track. wouldn't mind heading to other tracks in the area. p.m'ed my number.

nevdog

Likes Bikes
new timers

what up,my question to ya all,if you guys are so old why would you go to you yangs ,push runs are so old school

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Any oldies up for some riding around the holidays? If we get 3-4 of us maybe shuttles somewhere? Also looking to schedule in some weekend rides through January. I'm getting myself back in shape before a 3-day trip to NZ in Feb. Look forward to meeting some of you.

James
Apart from Mt Buller, Maldon race weekend and the Apollo bay ride days I'm also keen for some riding in Jan and know of an excellent place to do some shuttles. I know one other guy who is also keen, but the problem is that my car is possibly a little low to the ground for the access road, so if anyone else is keen and had a ute or 4WD that can take a few bikes that would be great.

The You Yangs is unfortunately not a good option at the moment as 2 of the 3 DH tracks are closed due to extensive water damage and won't be fixed for a while. I went out there a few days ago and although Bandages or Glory is a great track, It's not really worth the trip out there until at least track 10 is open as well.

I had a week in NZ just before Christmas and it was superb!

Nautonier

Eats Squid
what up,my question to ya all,if you guys are so old why would you go to you yangs ,push runs are so old school
We're not really that old, we just use that as an excuse for being slow :)

I agree though, I'm pretty much over push-ups unless used as a last resort between ride days or shuttles...

Gerra456gt

Likes Dirt
Apart from Mt Buller, Maldon race weekend and the Apollo bay ride days I'm also keen for some riding in Jan and know of an excellent place to do some shuttles. I know one other guy who is also keen, but the problem is that my car is possibly a little low to the ground for the access road, so if anyone else is keen and had a ute or 4WD that can take a few bikes that would be great.

The You Yangs is unfortunately not a good option at the moment as 2 of the 3 DH tracks are closed due to extensive water damage and won't be fixed for a while. I went out there a few days ago and although Bandages or Glory is a great track, It's not really worth the trip out there until at least track 10 is open as well.

I had a week in NZ just before Christmas and it was superb!

i'd be up for that, have not been riding due to work, have some time off now.
im Keen to ride the dandys or Buller
let us know

USJ

Likes Dirt
I have a Disco with a 3 bike rack. You can do 4 person shuttles if you lock a bike at the bottom. More than happy to supply shuttle vehicle. I'm always keen to check out new tracks.

I think I'm planning on the Apollo Bay ride on the 2nd. If anyone else is thinking about it and wants to share a ride, let me know. Leaving from Abbotsford, willing to pick up nearby or along the way.

Can we plan on a shuttle day either weekend of the 7th or 14th?

old farts keeping it pinned

Just moved to Melbourne from scotland 5months ago now and looking for riding mates that know where its all at. Im heading up to Mt Buller on the 1st for the wknd but apart from that i'd love to get some shuttle runs in somewhere before work starts again on the 10th. Got a brand new session 88 coming tmrw so ineed to rag it senseless!!!

skwiz05

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey, Im 40 and wouldnt mind linking up with a few of you throughout this summer holidays. Im off work till17 Jan, so might be available for a few rides. Also will be going down to RedHill in next week or two (on way to holiday house at Blairgowrie).
But keen for ride in Dandys, Youies or other trails. Have 4x4. Either haul downhill carrier or box trailer.....if that helps.
email skwiz05@yahoo.com or Pm me...

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I have a Disco with a 3 bike rack. You can do 4 person shuttles if you lock a bike at the bottom. More than happy to supply shuttle vehicle. I'm always keen to check out new tracks.

I think I'm planning on the Apollo Bay ride on the 2nd. If anyone else is thinking about it and wants to share a ride, let me know. Leaving from Abbotsford, willing to pick up nearby or along the way.

Can we plan on a shuttle day either weekend of the 7th or 14th?
The Disco sounds like the perfect vehicle for the job. I'm going to the Maldon race/ride weekend on the 8th/9th (actually a great place to ride if you wanted to check it out), but could do a shuttle day on the 15th. The place I have in mind can not be mentioned publicly, but I've ridden there once before and can vouch for its excellence. Probably one of the best shuttle tracks close(ish) to Melbourne as long as it hasn't been raining. We would just need at least one other person to make it happen - perhaps Session 88 guy? The guy I ride with is out of action due to an unfortunate incident at Mt Buller yesterday involving a 1.5m drop and a broken wrist...

I'm thinking about Apollo Bay as well, will let you know once I'm definite. I live in Elwood.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Just moved to Melbourne from scotland 5months ago now and looking for riding mates that know where its all at. Im heading up to Mt Buller on the 1st for the wknd but apart from that i'd love to get some shuttle runs in somewhere before work starts again on the 10th. Got a brand new session 88 coming tmrw so ineed to rag it senseless!!!
Yes, a bike like that indeed needs a flogging! And Mt Buller sure is a place where you will achieve that! I rode there yesterday and "International" is a very challenging track. If you can nail the banked wooden berm/drop near the bottom of the track you are doing well. Just make sure you go into the berm with enough speed to keep rolling and stay high, otherwise you will slip down into the rocks and go over the front of the bike...

As I mentioned in my other reply, I reckon the best options at the moment are:

1. Maldon ride/race weekend on 8th/9th

2. Shuttle day at a secret destination on the 15th.

3. You Yangs (unfortunately only one good DH track happening at the moment)

4. Another track near Mornington, but it's not shuttle-able and the push-ups are pretty intense. On the up side there are 5 tracks options to ride which makes the 25min push ups worth doing - just don't want to do it on a hot day.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Hey, Im 40 and wouldnt mind linking up with a few of you throughout this summer holidays. Im off work till17 Jan, so might be available for a few rides. Also will be going down to RedHill in next week or two (on way to holiday house at Blairgowrie).
But keen for ride in Dandys, Youies or other trails. Have 4x4. Either haul downhill carrier or box trailer.....if that helps.
Let me know when you're heading to Red Hill, I would like to ride there with someone else as I've only ridden there by myself and found it hard to muster up the courage to take on some of those big jumps and drops. I'm also keen for Dandy, I haven't ridden there yet. Sound like there's 4 of us keen to do some rides, so let's get something happening.

USJ

Likes Dirt
I'm in for all of those places. I am new to Melbourne (been here about 5 months, but have not ridden at all yet due to a new baby), so I am really interested in exploring. Sounds like we may be building a group of like minded riders.

January is usually pretty slow for me at work, so I am even open to doing a closer track like Dandy or Youies on mid week afternoon, say leave work around 3pm?

I'm going to call Apollo Bay tomorrow and make sure there are still slots available. Keep me posted on whether you are in or not.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
All these years I thought you were like 25 Brad!

Wednesday

Likes Dirt
Heading upto Buller x 4 on Sunday 02nd if there are any other forum wrinklies going (collective age in the car is close to 140)? There will be blood.

Yes, a bike like that indeed needs a flogging! And Mt Buller sure is a place where you will achieve that! I rode there yesterday and "International" is a very challenging track. If you can nail the banked wooden berm/drop near the bottom of the track you are doing well. Just make sure you go into the berm with enough speed to keep rolling and stay high, otherwise you will slip down into the rocks and go over the front of the bike...

As I mentioned in my other reply, I reckon the best options at the moment are:

1. Maldon ride/race weekend on 8th/9th

2. Shuttle day at a secret destination on the 15th.

3. You Yangs (unfortunately only one good DH track happening at the moment)

4. Another track near Mornington, but it's not shuttle-able and the push-ups are pretty intense. On the up side there are 5 tracks options to ride which makes the 25min push ups worth doing - just don't want to do it on a hot day.
Cheers for the advice Robhley, totally looking forward to Buller at the wknd. Not sure if im gona try the Appollo Bay on the 9th or go to Maldon which is better? I usually work sat so wont make the 15th otherwise im up for most sundays so we should try for that mornigton track or youyangs. keep me posted.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Cheers for the advice Robhley, totally looking forward to Buller at the wknd. Not sure if im gona try the Appollo Bay on the 9th or go to Maldon which is better? I usually work sat so wont make the 15th otherwise im up for most sundays so we should try for that mornigton track or youyangs. keep me posted.
Maldon should be a great first time race, much like the KOB, the atmosphere is amazing, so relaxed and a great weekend normally without the stress/intensity of the vic series. Oh and you might get lots of photos for keep sakes!