DH frames.....

frank-oi

Likes Dirt
this is a dumb question. i want some ideas for cheap DH frames.

what frame kits do ya know of with shox as well and how much they are.

any ideas. cool.....

frank-oi

Likes Dirt
not really lookin for options when i do tho. it's not far off.
i want something new not 2nd hand.

$1400 - $2000. is the range.

S.

ex offender
pharqt said:
http://www.dhdirect.com.au/
theyve got da bomb mindbomb frames goin at $1699
dunno if theyre good or not, never ridden one, ask socket, im sure he'd have an opinion
$1700? That's cheap...

Ghost

Likes Dirt
Frame and rear shock for under $2000? Hmmm, if you do manage to find something (brand new), it won't be that spectacular.

If you don't have a whole lot of cash to spend and want to get a mid - higher end machine, you're going to have to go second hand I'm afraid. Don't knock second hand either, you can get some deals!

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
keep your eyes out for a good 2nd hand one. I picked mine up for pritty cheap. The shock has been rebuilt a few times but structually the frame is fine and still runs extremely well :) Just keep your eyes open, don't be in a rush and dont be afraid to say no. :)

G

Da Bomb mindbombs are nice. They look technical so it attracts peoples attention (could be bad) but they ride nice and they have 9 in the rear. A guy at my LBS rides one. Just put good parts on it and itll be sweet

CHEWY

Eats Squid
buying second hand is a good idea... just make sure the frame is in good nic and only buy what u know is good... ud be able to get a 02 model brand name DH'er for about a grand, so that leaves u lots of cash for purdy parts

bazza

look at me
2nd hand aint that great. if you crack the frame or it brakes it comes out of your pocket not the manufactures because of void warranty. oh yeah there is a tomac frame in tvl for 2k its basically brand new. AJ owned it and it sat in the shop basically the whole time. this is with deemaxs and dorados. it was a sad sight. but yeah its basically new and 2k with manitou rear shock

wombat

Lives in a hole
Even if you crack a new frame, unless it is deffective the replacement will still be coming out of your pocket.

trobb

Likes Dirt
just look around for a good second hand one but make sure you don't get jibed. or get a good cheap frame for retail

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
get onto gav at nrg about hte big hit he has. If you don't have the cash now, put down a deposit and put it on layby :)

dhd

Downhill Direct
The Da Bomb is great frame an at $1500 for a small or $1699 for a medium an awesome deal......c'mon twist my arm......we got new models coming and I need to lose them!! And they come with 12 months warranty!

Shane J

Likes Dirt
I picked up my BigHit DH 03 frame and Fox RC shock secound hand for $1500. The frame is a brand new warranty job. Keep ur eye out as things like that may come up.