Dh knee and shin guards

mtb_rider32

Likes Dirt
Hi i'm looking at buying some dh knee and shin guards. I like the look the look of the brian lopes white troy lee design. Could anyone give me some feedback on these or any other knee and shin guards.
thanks

Last edited:

Ride.Dirt.Wake.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fox Launch :)

Although... The Brian Lopes ones are convenient in the way they can be worn as knee or shin or both. however straps are annoying, so I went with the Launch Pads. you should too.

PS. next time, post this in Parts 'n' stuff or Downhill.

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
RaceFace's offerings are quite popular. Check out the RaceFace FR models. DH if you want something a bit chunkier (albeit more restrictive). I've seen a lot of people with the FR's doing DH. I have a pair myself, both arms and legs, and I can't complain much. The stitching has come apart a *little* but apart from that, they are fine. You can pick them up from TBSM for a fairly good price ($50-$60?)

Fox Launch :)

Although... The Brian Lopes ones are convenient in the way they can be worn as knee or shin or both. however straps are annoying, so I went with the Launch Pads. you should too.

PS. next time, post this in Parts 'n' stuff or Downhill.

Don't worry - I'm sure Grip will move it once he finds it :)

EDIT: Just found a good deal for you at TBSM - http://tbsm.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=194

Last edited:

syphon_the_python

Likes Dirt
I have the raceface rally knee/shins.

They are good, but are possibly a bit over the top protection wise. Fairly chunky and hot, but they work well.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Race Face FR here as well. I did have Fox Launch, they got sent back due to a strap being ripped - or a thread ripped or caught by the velcro and then the strap started disintegrating. Anyway they had a tendency to rub above the knees, but they were slimmer looking and cooler than the Race Face, certainly not as comfy feeling though - the Race Face are more comfy even for just walking around.
As already mentioned Race Face FR are bulkier looking and hotter than the launches, but in my opinion still better if you do a fair bit of pedalling - if not well take your pick.

Anyway I widened the foam around the holes of the inside of my Race Face FR for more ventillation - it can be done without the foam holes enlarging themselves any further. I actually half expected to have destroyed them by trying this, but was pleasantly surprised at the quality. And no I did not alter the outer plastic shell.