DH Lithgow

mitch091

Likes Bikes
HI can anyone tell me what time the racing starts tomorrow at Lithgow? Will you be able to have a practice? Thanks

mitch091

Likes Bikes
Lithgow

Hey
thanks i wasn't sure, tomorrow is my first race, i am 15 turning 16 and i dont no what age group to go in under 15's or 17's
Thanks Mitch

tinkerbell

Likes Dirt
if you will be 16 at the end of the year eg 31st dec then you will need to go into under 17's.
dont worry but you are sure to do fine.

schacksta

Western Sydney MTB Club
The Wrap-up...

Wow, what a day.

El Presidente himself decided to venture out to Lidsdale and check out the proceedings.... and drag along the Hustler.

Flynny and Steve ran a tremendous day. About 76 riders turned out in all their beer swillin' DH glory. The two track/two timing system concept worked a treat - with the day having a big dual-slalom feel to it. Nothing like a bit of side-by-side rivalry to beef up the fun.

Lots of bling given away at the end of the day, thanks to club supporters. BBQ on all day, and a coffee cart - what more could a rider want for? Oh that's right, beer.... well there was heaps of that going down at stumps too.:D

Me? 7 practice runs, 4 timed runs, no stacks ;) - a good day.

Cheers Steve, Craig and all your volunteers - well done.

schacksta
president
www.wsmtb.com

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Wow, what a day.

El Presidente himself decided to venture out to Lidsdale and check out the proceedings.... and drag along the Hustler.

Flynny and Steve ran a tremendous day. About 76 riders turned out in all their beer swillin' DH glory. The two track/two timing system concept worked a treat - with the day having a big dual-slalom feel to it. Nothing like a bit of side-by-side rivalry to beef up the fun
Not a bad little experiment.

I hope everyone else had as much fun as I did.

With a little tweaking I think we can get it to run even smoother. Big Props to Steve who was stuck behind the computer all day (Does anyone work as work and put as much into DH as Steve?).
Also a huge thanks to the guys who Volunteered to help out with timing.

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Yeah big thanks to the organisers and volunteers. I had a top time.

Couple of great little tracks. Good fun.

DaGonz

Eats Squid
Wow, what a day.
I hope everyone else had as much fun as I did.
I had a ball!!!

A regular XC whippet, I brought the 'Trail' setup bullit (5" fork) to what was my first DH event... A few runs before hand and a bit of sessioning including a few heart in mouth moments, racked up nervous as hell into Hips and misses for my first run.

Stuffed up my first run down hips and missues (missed the corner on the S bend with the tree, took the tape out and stopped), had an ok 2nd run, was starting to feel good down Fordies for my 3rd, thought I was flying down on my last run but must of hit something i'm not sure... but I went shoulder surfing barely 50m's from the finish (before the last 'table top') so don't know how I ended up overall

I tell ya, I couldn't stop laughing or wipe the grin off my face down the bottom of each run. Fast, flowy, the track was great!

Now I just need to learn to jump 'n stuff... ;)

Cheers
Gonz

tinkerbell

Likes Dirt
well i have to say very nice track so much fun .
thank's to all the people who made it happen.
any one know the fastest time of the day.

thecat

I saw a 53 second on hit and mis but Think it may have been an error.

there was a few 58s-59s and a lot of 1min flats but Steve is still sorting the times and correcting the errors.

The biggest issue of the two track, dual DH idea was getting the data from all 4 timers into the computer without making mistakes.

Should have it sorted and results posted later in the week

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Anyone able to point me in the way of some pics? Would be greatly appreciated as it was only my second race and was my mates first and we would love a souvenir of a great day. Thanks.

old4dy

Likes Dirt
lithgow dh

i must agree with other comments what a day.

I thought for a while that someone was giving away free pot because there were so many smiling faces and a heap of laughter, even if you had an off.

Thanks a lot Steve and Craig and volunteers for a great day.

Cant wait for the next one if the same format can be used.

Cheers to western Sydney.

i must agree with other comments what a day.

I thought for a while that someone was giving away free pot because there were so many smiling faces and a heap of laughter, even if you had an off.

Thanks a lot Steve and Craig and volunteers for a great day.

Cant wait for the next one if the same format can be used.

Cheers to western Sydney.

you are truely a tripper old man!!!! wish i coulda been there! just wait till i get my bike rolling then i will give ya a run old4d

thecat

unreal
i got a 58.1 second whats the record for the track?
any pics up yet ?
The record was 1 flat for Hit and Miss and 1.02 Fordies.

Times were all quick on the weekend, whether locals were just pushing harder to keep you tourist in place or the finish beams were in a slightly different place I don't know but I did a pb and thought I'd had a shocker so happy as.