Dh Race bike for short ppl

Ryan Hotdog

Likes Dirt
Hey all, im up shit creek without a paddle. Basically i've got the money for a new bike but there aren't too many affordable bikes that fit me. Im 155cm tall (5 foot 0 inches). I've looked at konas, specialized. Looking for like a 15 inch size. 7 inches travel, between 3 and 4 grand

anything apreciated. Ryan

D

Deleted member FN2187

The Iron Horse yakuza Kumincho has 8 inches of rear travel, great spec and a low stand over height. Get the small and you'll be laughing. I think they are priced somewhere around the 3 grand mark, I'll check it up and post a link for you if you want

S.

ex offender
yogibear said:
The Iron Horse yakuza Kumincho has 8 inches of rear travel, great spec and a low stand over height. Get the small and you'll be laughing. I think they are priced somewhere around the 3 grand mark, I'll check it up and post a link for you if you want
Ya, second that. $3500 and a GREAT spec as well as the low standover and stuff. Can't lose!

D

Deleted member FN2187

That's what they look like, in case you were wondering :)

LEX

Likes Dirt
But would u guys say its a full on race bike? A bb7 would be a nice bike , but a little expensive and im not 2 sure how small they come.

S.

ex offender
LEX said:
But would u guys say its a full on race bike? A bb7 would be a nice bike , but a little expensive and im not 2 sure how small they come.
It was designed as a race bike. bb7s are sick, but the Kumicho complete is cheaper than a BB7 frame (I think he's asking about complete bikes? not sure though).

LEX

Likes Dirt
S. said:
LEX said:
It was designed as a race bike. bb7s are sick, but the Kumicho complete is cheaper than a BB7 frame (I think he's asking about complete bikes? not sure though).
Well you can't complain with the IH for value for money. if i had money id seriously consider it being a vertically challenged person aswell.

Regan

Eats Squid
Check out this...

It's the 05 Jap model DH comp which comes in XS

One of these would be perfect. It's just getting one imported that would be hard...

Ryan Hotdog

Likes Dirt
Thanks guys, I reckon i will probs be lookin at a Yakuza Komicho, Gemini 900 (maybe 2 expensiv). That xs dh comp sounds awesome regan but ur link didn't woirk, could u put it up again. As well, do you know how i could get my hands on 1. pls PM me about it

floody

Wheel size expert
I'm not sure you could build one in a real small size, but maybe a Banshee Scream in the smallest size (15.5" I think) might work? They are a very heavy frame, however, pretty short wheelbase and tight-ish angles make them very chuckable, they pedal well and , much as I hate to use the phrase, "ride lighter" than they ought to with a 13.5lb frame.

People will say they are more of a freeride bike than a race bike, but they have 5.9-7.9" travel and are easy to throw about - seems like a good thing for a smaller person.

floody

Wheel size expert
Ryan Hotdog said:
Thanks guys, I reckon i will probs be lookin at a Yakuza Komicho, Gemini 900 (maybe 2 expensiv). That xs dh comp sounds awesome regan but ur link didn't woirk, could u put it up again. As well, do you know how i could get my hands on 1. pls PM me about it
You could try some of the places who specialize in importing new japanese aftermarket car parts, japanese furniture, any of those things...