DH round 3 info

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
This message is pretty much a "copy and paste" from round 2.........
This Saturday 6th December will see round 3 of the Coffs Downhill series being run on the state track at Mt Coramba in Coffs Harbour. Rounds 1 and 2 have been great and went off without a hitch! Hopefully we can get the same (.....more!) enjoyment out of the rest iof the series.
As usual, you can do your own private shuttles as much as you like up until the official practise starts. That should commence at around 12.30pm ish and race runs will kick off at 3pm.
Timing will be done by super high tech handheld stop watches operated by trained professionals. Your time is guaranteed to be within 0.01 of a second and 42 seconds, like I said……..real accurate.
I will be doing rego on the hill as of about 11am so please try and get there to sign on. Race entry is $10 plus another $15 if you need an MTBA day license. Please remember that we can only accept cash as our credit machine doesn't exist.......
We won’t have a portable toilet on stand by so please remember to either do your thing before hitting the hill or bring some fodder roll and a shovel.
You must wear an approved full face helmet and gloves! Body armor is also highly recommended. You should also ride a bike in this event that is capable of handling the obstacles and forces on a downhill track. Don’t show up on a BMX and expect to find a smooth track that will accommodate your 90psi tyres. Downhill is hard and challenging and can be very dangerous if you take the risks. Don’t be grumpy if you show up without a helmet and safety gear and we tell you that you can’t race: we set these rules for your safety so come prepared.
If you are bringing your family along or your Mum or Dad is coming, maybe you could ask them to act as a volunteer for us and score a free entry! We need course marshals to keep the huge crowds under control and keep an eye on the riders as they come past. We also need people to drive the shuttle car and help with loading and unloading of your pride and joy (your bike that is………). If you can help out please call Al at Ventoux Cycles on (02) 6652 3355 or me (……..Dozer) on 0402 078 541. If you have a 4WD that is capable of towing the trailer to make shuttles better, please get in touch ASAP as we will pay you fo rit. You must let us know in advance.

Please drive safely and accordingly during your practise runs. Other people will be using the road so take it easy.
We will run the event in the rain if the road is passable so remember to bring a towel or something to sit on the seat of the shuttle car so we don't trash it.

This time around I will be having stern words with anyone who cuts corners. The track is marked and you know where to go. If you cheat and you own up to it I will be disappointed. You result will be false and you'll feel dumb. Simple. practise the marked track and race the marked track, it is all part of the small racing community way.

I've come up with some new number plates with our logo on it. Please remember to hand them back at the completion of your race run so we can use it next time. Any rider not returning a plate will incur a $66,000 penalty.............

Last edited:

prosheep

Likes Dirt
YEWWW!!!!!! coffs again, hey dozer can we mabey see some results from the last round if you still have the times and stuff

cheers elvis,

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Cheers Cressa, date fixed.;)
Results for round 2 will be online this morning.