DH Tassie Results

S.

ex offender
Brosnan with the fastest time of the day? Sick! What happened to Fearon though, did he crash or just not ride well or?

It's funny how so many people love to make calls on how so and so is so much better than Troy etc all the time and even funnier that the little guy just rides his bike and consistently smokes everyone...

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's funny how so many people love to make calls on how so and so is so much better than Troy etc all the time and even funnier that the little guy just rides his bike and consistently smokes everyone...
Who won U19 overall last season? Not Troy.

Few good results in there, Aden and Jesse rode well. As per usual, seems like very few made the trip down, disappointing to see those numbers at a National race.

tx5

Likes Dirt
It's funny how so many people love to make calls on how so and so is so much better than Troy etc all the time and even funnier that the little guy just rides his bike and consistently smokes everyone.../QUOTE]

It is true that Troy is fast and extremely consistent, but then again he does ride for one of the biggest or maybe even the biggest team in the world, trains with two of the fastest riders and current world champ so he should be smoking alot of the other riders that have hardly any support, may not have time to follow a proper training regime due to to other commitments etc etc. But don't get me wrong he is a sick rider and deserves to be where he is after all the training and dedication he has given to the sport over the years.

floody

Wheel size expert
On this particular day he smoked everyone from juniors to elite.

Good work Boyer, cool to see Rennie back, good to see a bunch of Tassie guys in the top 15, shame Kaine had a bobble after some dominating runs all weekend but thats racing.

Sure was some carnage and gore over the weekend, get well wounded soldiers!

Last edited:

tyron

Likes Dirt
Brosnan with the fastest time of the day? Sick! What happened to Fearon though, did he crash or just not ride well or?
Connor crashed twice but thats racing! what is positive is the time difference between Connor and 1st position... 10.37 seconds, This will be Connor's year!!

notso

Likes Dirt
Connor crashed twice but thats racing! what is positive is the time difference between Connor and 1st position... 10.37 seconds, This will be Connor's year!!
Yeah I have to agree there. I saw him smoke everyone in the Canadian Open in August and he's smoking everyone in the VDHS; and the VDHS has a pretty hot field these days.... some might say even hotter than the National series....

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
You have to remember, Troy took the win, and regardless of anything, he rode the fastest of every rider throughout the rider. He's going to come into the round feeling good with the rainbow stripes on his jersey, and is going out of the first round feeling even better, knowing where he is after the off season.
To be honest, I would be happy to see anyone win, but with the amazing field of competitors in our series, you can't accurately predict who will take the win of each round, or the series.

Let's just see how it all pans out at the end of the season, yeah?

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
One thing is for sure, there are some super quick juniors in Aus the moment, Brosnan, Wyber and Fearon are all ridiculously quick, even O'Connor who's slightly older.

I've seen them all ride in the flesh but one who stands out is Connor Fearon, he is a freak and only 16 as well, I saw him ride the techiest bit of Barjarg a couple of weeks ago in the VDHS and I honestly couldn't believe what I saw, he jumped in like no one else, skipped through a rock strewn off camber section in about 3 or 4 secs which was taking others maybe 6-8 sec, he touched the ground twice and boosted 10ft further out of it, it blew me away, no one else even came close to hitting it at the speed he did and there were some real quick guys in a quality field. Look out.....C.Fearon is a name we will hear a lot in the years to come, mark my words.

DH in Aus is looking good...

Edit - For obvious reasons I should say I'm a huge fan of TB as well.

Last edited:

S.

ex offender
Nobody actually said anything like that until you did. I'm not bagging Troy or saying Connor would have won, but Connor does have a habit of being on the podium - as does Troy obviously - so I was wondering why he was a fair way off the pace. I reckon it's fucking cool being able to see those two battle it out.