DH track layout

jarrad7

Likes Dirt
Has anyone got pictures or graphics of any DH race tracks?
Me and some freinds are building one in the local bush and i need some ideas and inspiration.
anything that can help me would be greatly appreciated

jarrad7

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Maybe you could check out the phat snaps section for ideas ;)

Also, we have a new trail building section that may be of use to you (this thread should've been posted there, will move it for you now).

Nukid

Likes Dirt
Ill post sum photos in dis thead of my DH track when i get home in a few day (maby 2) and that mite give u sum ideas

samsty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you have any bike dvds put them on and watch a few sections. Some of the world cup tracks look cool... But really.. Inspiration will more likely come from walking around a hill with an open mind just looking at things that could be added to your track. You know like a cool pile of rocks, a natural shaped hip jump. I would recomend to try and keep it natural. Wooden things arent cool on a dh track.

Ben Watkins and myself made a track at barjarg. We did it by wondering up and down the hill looking for natural obsticals that could make the track interesting to ride. Obviously they will need to link up. Dont try and make a track like you have ridden somewhere else. Sure, get some inspiration from elsewhere. But try and make it different. Make it your own style of track. Make use of the terrain that you have. As your looking at a section ride all the different lines in your head before you bother digging anything. Always look ahead at where you will end up after a section too. Anyway, thats how I do it and the Barjarg race track seemed to work out ok.

Last edited: