DH tracks in Sydney

Im keen to get to do some beginner tracks around Sydney and Greater Sydney Area.

Can someone give a list of some spots that I could go to develop my DH skills?

Cheers in advance

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
Yeah, Ourimbah is quite "easy", it doesn't have any big drops/jumps in it. I say "easy" because I still can't break 4:30 lol. Well I probably could now. But not a year or so ago. Fail boat!

Ha Ha Ha , just steering .
So whats your deal ? . Do you drive have a bike ect . How old are you ? . Where abouts are you in Sydney ? .
I have car, selling my XC bike and buying 2nd hand Glory 8 im 30 yo and from Cronulla!

Looking around on internet is Mt Keira Holy Trail still open? Im looking to do some 'flowy' dh stuff first get that down pat before moving onto the good stuff.

look fwd to hearing from you!

ElectroFunkster

Likes Dirt
I have car, selling my XC bike and buying 2nd hand Glory 8 im 30 yo and from Cronulla!

Looking around on internet is Mt Keira Holy Trail still open? Im looking to do some 'flowy' dh stuff first get that down pat before moving onto the good stuff.

sound just like us .. I'll send you a pm when were heading out for a ride if your free ..

holly isn't my trail so I prob couldn't take you down there but there are a few trails in sydney that we could hit

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Your probably 15 years too old for the Holy trail, its a bit like walking into a night club :p
Uni trail (same drop off) however is everybodys favourite and suitable for all abilities.

However both are in the Gong, not Sydney.

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
Id have to say Kentlyn is for beginners alot of xc stuff out there.
Would have to be about 3-4 downhill lines out there though, alot with small easy jumps.
If you progress to bigger stuff id say hit menai up awesome slopestyle run with big jumps and drops, god i love that joint!

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Id have to say Kentlyn is for beginners alot of xc stuff out there.
Would have to be about 3-4 downhill lines out there though, alot with small easy jumps.
If you progress to bigger stuff id say hit menai up awesome slopestyle run with big jumps and drops, god i love that joint!
Kentlyn actually has about 8-10 "DH" lines to chose from, but none of which are steep. Just rocky, sandy, some small to intermediate gaps (3-12 foot) and drops (2-13 foot) with "B" lines around the bigger ones.

ElectroFunkster

Likes Dirt
Kentlyn actually has about 8-10 "DH" lines to chose from, but none of which are steep. Just rocky, sandy, some small to intermediate gaps (3-12 foot) and drops (2-13 foot) with "B" lines around the bigger ones.

mmmmmm Kentlyn you say

need to get some more air time on intermediate jumps and drops before I kill myself at menai

... want to guide some other riders around [/hijack]

Last edited:

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt

See , there you go Chief , get in touch when you get he bike and ill take you out for a spin . Bulli whould be a good track to start . Bulli has good flow , its not to techy and is smooth . There are a few tracks near to Bulli < gong > to check and its a good day out ridding . Damo :)

CraigS

Likes Dirt
mmmmmm Kentlyn you say

need to get some more air time on intermediate jumps and drops before I kill myself at menai

... want to guide some other riders around [/hijack]
Sure thing, we usually ride on a Saturday or Sunday morning early as we all have young families and need to help out around the house unfortunately. I'll PM you when we're heading out next.